saving some $$$ on a rented car

binness

Earning My Ears
I wonder if one of you have visited Orlando and decided NOT to rent a car. instead, using the hotel shuttles to the parks and to main attractions. how was your impression? was it worth using? where should I be careful NOT to take a hotel in order to get the most out of those shuttles?

We have only NOT had a car when we were visiting WDW only. The times we were doing other attractions in Orlando we had our own car. I don't think we would do this without a car. Too much of a hassle.

Staying at WDW without a car was a breeze. We had a Towncar service pick us up (and return)at the airport and take us to our onsite resort (AKL). We used WDW transportation to get around the "world". We found it very relaxing, no driving or parking. It took a little longer going from one resort to another than it would by car. We were on vacation, we weren't in a rush.:D We were also there during a "low crowd" season so transportation wasn't overcrowded.

We are going again at the end of Oct. We plan on NOT having a car again.:)

I'd only NOT rent a car if I was staying at one of the WDW hotels. When staying off-site, their shuttles run very infrequently and you would find yourself waiting 1/2 hour or more just to get to/from the parks. Also, if you plan on visiting more than one attraction, ie WDW and Universal, there are no free shuttles that run directly between the two. Most off-site hotels run shuttles to either or the parks and not both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter