Save up to 40%!!!!!

Quick question.

We're in the Santa Fe and tomorrow is 60 days until we go. If we cancel and rebook the Cheyenne, it's £38 cheaper than our deal but as we have meal vouchers, we will lose £82 or so meaning it'll cost £44 more fora 4 day trip. Would anyone say it is worth it?

We've stayed at Santa Fe before for one night and quite liked the food etc. When I called to enquire the CM seemed surprised I was asking for this as a change as both are 2 keys.

I've stayed in both, 7 times in the Cheyenne and just once at Santa Fe :D

I think Santa Fe is perfectly fine but I do much prefer the theming of the Cheyenne which is my favourite hotel on the resort - we even prefer a standard Cheyenne room to the Bridal Suite of the Sequoia Lodge that we stayed in our honeymoon. I love that it's made to look like a hotel but it feels like you're staying in a Western Cowboy Town! The bar is much nicer and more welcoming too at the Cheyenne.

For £44 I'd pick the Cheyenne over Santa Fe, but then we are kind of addicted with the place. For Lucas's first trip I can't think of a better hotel, I think even at just 2 he'll appreciate all the cowboy stuff and enjoy playing in the fort.

I was booked into the Santa fe for October having already stayed there twice, but i'm with steve the cheyenne is SO much better for theming, we have decided to stay there instead.

Its all going to be down to personal choice, between the 2 hotels, as they are both 2 stars.

However, the Cheyenne is usually a few pounds more per night to book than the Santa Fe anyway.

I agree the Cheyenne's external theming is brilliant - probably one of the best in the whole resort. I personally wouldn't pay extra to stay at the Cheyenne, but lots of people do :). The main difference in the rooms, is that the Cheyenne usually has one double bed and one set of bunks, and the Santa Fe is usually 2 doubles.

But there again, its always nice to try different hotels at DLP.

I've dropped them an email to chance my arm on them doing the change and either not charging me anything (unlikely), changing the booking and charging me the cancellation fee (more likely) or just moving the booking and actually refunding the £38.80 saving (it's not Tinkerbell, it's Miss Piggy flying...).

Rather annoyingly, it took 4 attempts to submit the enquiry form, I had to move the reservation number out of the Reservation Number field and into the main text as it wouldn't accept it and spent ages looking for UK, Scotland, Great Britain before realiseing... Royaume Uni... of course! The rest of the form is in English!

Just got a reply as I was posting this - i have to phone and speak to them!

I think we're staying with the Santa Fe! By the time they added on hb vouchers it kind of made the deal look less attractive and as the CM said DD is below the minimum age for bunk beds and he didn't think it was worth upgrading.

He also told me that the studio tours is closed while we're there which DD saw on Sky Travel and is really looking forward to......

He was a bit shakey on whether or not we needed hb vouchers for DS who will be 3 two days after we get there. We have them anyway.

Never knew there was a minimum age for bunk beds - is that just for the top bunk? Lucas will be almost 2 when we go (2 while we are there) - would he not be ok in the bottom bunk?

What do people with toddlers do when staying in the Cheyenne? He won't sleep in a cot, he hasn't done for ages now.

Never knew there was a minimum age for bunk beds - is that just for the top bunk? Lucas will be almost 2 when we go (2 while we are there) - would he not be ok in the bottom bunk?

What do people with toddlers do when staying in the Cheyenne? He won't sleep in a cot, he hasn't done for ages now.

The minimum age is just for the top bunk. Bottom bunk is just like a single bed, so Lucas should be fine.:goodvibes

Kyra slept in the bottom bunk when she was 2, so Lucas should be ok Steve.

She wants to sleep in the top bunk next time but I'm not sure, think you have to be 6 years old for that.

I had a panic moment thinking that the bottom may be higher than a normal bed for some reason! Thought my dream of Lucas in a cowboy outfit running around the Cheyenne was going to disappear!

I had a panic moment thinking that the bottom may be higher than a normal bed for some reason! Thought my dream of Lucas in a cowboy outfit running around the Cheyenne was going to disappear!

The beds are quite low down, you could always use the pillow from the top bunk and put it on the floor incase he does roll off.

well, i think the bunks is up to u - we used them when ds1 was under 5, and had no prob, ds2 was 2 1/2 on the bottom.

they are very sturdy bunks, and have a solid rail which made them feel very safe.

BUT, its totally up to u how to do it!! we are limited to cheyenne, as all others have double beds, and no way will ds1 & ds2 share a bed, and we wont share with them either (fidgets are an understament!!)

I've dropped them an email to chance my arm on them doing the change and either not charging me anything (unlikely), changing the booking and charging me the cancellation fee (more likely) or just moving the booking and actually refunding the £38.80 saving (it's not Tinkerbell, it's Miss Piggy flying...).

Just recieved an email, as an exception, I'm getting option 3 with a catch! I have to use the money saved to buy something like a character breakfast or pay a booking change fee. The difference for a character breakfast is £17 more or so which sounds the better option than paying an additional £13 for the booking change!!! :banana::cool1:

I need to speak to DW and see what we want to book as DS is 3 while we're there so there's a few options....

:cheer2:

I got quote fri for changing my hol to bring it closer and it had 40% off just looked now and its gone down to 15% off!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter