• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Savannah View Studio: Kidani or Jambo?

pditullio

Mouseketeer
Planning a short trip in January. Points are the same - what do you recommend? Probably not a pool trip...better to be near lobby/restaurants?

We stayed at Kidani before and loved it, but it is a hike...

We've stayed at both and I enjoy each place for different reasons. For Jambo I like that there is a QS location here. The gift shop is also much better. I just love the overall atmosphere of Jambo. As for Kidani. It's a little more low key and it's a big plus tat th buses sto and drop of here first with the expecting of DTD.

If you have stayed at Kidani and not Jambo, then stay at Jambo, especially if it is a short trip.

From my experience, I'd go Jambo, definitely. I stayed several times at Jambo, then for some reason I decided to try Kidani to compare. Not happy! Saw hardly any animals and never a giraffe (even though I was on Sunset Savannah where I'd seen many a giraffe from Jambo). Secondly, that walk was indescribably long, even though I'd asked for "close to lobby". I think I was in the seventh pod out. Next time, back to Jambo for me.

For a studio, I would go with Jambo! I like having The Mara nearby!

For 1BRs the decision is easier, we prefer Kidani (larger rooms, separate shower stall, etc.) For studios, I would lean towards Jambo House for the following reasons.

The Jambo House studios have a better bathroom layout. The vanity is in an open area, the toilet and shower are in a small room to the side. That leaves the vanity available for use even when someone is taking a shower. In Kidani, the entire bathroom is in an enclosed room with the toilet in a smaller room within that space. If someone wants to shower in privacy, the vanity is not accessible.

There are three restaurants in Jambo House, two of which offer a hot breakfast, The Mara for quick service and Boma if you want a breakfast buffet. Kidani has Sanaa which is a great place for dinner but it doesn't offer breakfast. We don't mind the walk from Kidani to Jambo and back at breakfast but if you are trying to get up and out quickly in the morning, it would be handy to have The Mara right there.

If booking a Savanna View room I prefer to be on the lowest possible floor. Kidani offers that possibility though you could still end up on a high floor despite requesting a lower one. All of the DVC rooms in Jambo House are on the 5th and 6th (Club Level) floors so the tree tops will be blocking part of your view.

The studios are comparable in size so that isn't a factor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter