Savanna View at AKV or Magic Kingdom View at BLT

MrsWaltDisney86

Mouseketeer
Hi!

So this is our first trip as DVC members however we have been many many many numerous times. We always stayed at AOA or PoP and have loved the convience of food courts and in/out style.

We are planning our Disney Trip for june 21-28 2014. We will have myself, husband, 7 year old girl, 4 year old girl, and a 12 week old son!! :banana: our home resort is AKV and we have a studio savanna view at kidani booked. However, I am really in love with the idea of BLT. We have done numerous DIsney Cruises and love just going back to the room and then back out later. With my kids being so little we spend a lot of time in MK. It would be nice to come and go. AKV is a hike! Plus parks are hot and crowded (this is our first trip at a peak time too)

What do you all think, should I stay at AkV or go for BLT? Second what's the chances of getting MK View at BLT at 7 mo mark (nov 21) for June?

I kinda feel if I can't get a MK view I would just stay at AKV Savanna View? Is Lake view just as cool??

Help!! Thanks Everyone!!

What's the rush? As a DVC owner you will stay at all of the resorts several times during your ownership. Pick one, take some notes on your likes and dislikes. Next time stay at a different one. After staying at them all, choose your favorites and buy more points! :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

3 Kids and 2 adults in a BLT studio is going to be close quarters. But if you really want to experience it, do it while they are that young.

After you experience the difference in size of the other studios you will understand why.

Likely BLT TP view will be open at 7 months out. However, downside of BLT is the small studio. It is not really big enough for four much less trying to also throw in a crib for a fifth. Moreover, TP view has one huge eyesore: the parking lot for BLT/Contemporary. Unless you get high floor (8 or above) which is a non-guaranteed request, it is not worth the bother because the main view from the lower floors is the parking lot. Frankly, if you are actually going to consider BLT, consider lake view --lower points and many good views of the lake.

If you are going to stay with AKV, you should make a request for either close to lobby or close to community hall (amounts to about the same request), which will give you sunset savanna view, which has giraffes, and will avoid the very long walks to rooms far from the lobby. In fact, if a counter service restaurant is important, you should consider switching to Jambo

We've stayed at both resorts and love them both! We booked a PL view at BLT and ended up on the 12th floor facing the Magic Kingdom. :) We splurged and did the concierge level at AKL, it was totally worth it!
With little ones, yes it's convenient to be so close to MK but don't plan on walking back and forth because it's still a long walk and after a day of walking the park, you'll be exhausted. The monorail is great but it loads/unloads at the contemp which is still a walk after a long day (but better than walking to/from the MK). AKL is amazing and has beautiful views but it will require a bus & a monorail to get to MK. A long adventure with little ones.
A tough choice for sure.

chip611 said:
We've stayed at both resorts and love them both! We booked a PL view at BLT and ended up on the 12th floor facing the Magic Kingdom. :) We splurged and did the concierge level at AKL, it was totally worth it!
With little ones, yes it's convenient to be so close to MK but don't plan on walking back and forth because it's still a long walk and after a day of walking the park, you'll be exhausted. The monorail is great but it loads/unloads at the contemp which is still a walk after a long day (but better than walking to/from the MK). AKL is amazing and has beautiful views but it will require a bus & a monorail to get to MK. A long adventure with little ones.
A tough choice for sure.

Just wanted to clarify, you only need a bus ride to get to MK from AKV, not bus + monorail.

- Dreams

If you have a rental car, AKL is a very relaxing escape.

If you don't, and don't care for busses, BLT may be better

That said, the resort monorail can be a deceptively long ride. BLT to MK is like 20-25 minutes because there are four stops to get there.

I think either way you go, you'll love it

If you have a rental car, AKL is a very relaxing escape.

If you don't, and don't care for busses, BLT may be better

That said, the resort monorail can be a deceptively long ride. BLT to MK is like 20-25 minutes because there are four stops to get there.

I think either way you go, you'll love it

Unless there is a mobility issue, you are better off walking to MK from BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter