Satu'li Canteen cheeseburger pods and other questions

CM is definitely wrong. They were going for a generic McDonald's cheeseburger taste from the very beginning, and most of the country gets McD's cheeseburgers served with ketchup, mustard, and pickle.
I think we will just eat at Flametree BBQ instead.

We just ate here twice about a week ago. Both of us had the chicken as a protein, the lettuce nd kale as a base and the ranch style sauce (really a salad dressing) we enjoyed it so much that we ordered it again the second day. I try to eat healthy meals at WDW to offset the Dolewhips!

I'm reading the greens base is not very well reviewed, but people really seem to like the hash base (not a kid meal option). It's not even so much about the money at that point (in the context of an entire disney vacation $4 is nothing, lol) but the waste gets to me (at home I will bring home leftovers). I am resigned to some waste at WDW but if i could get the kid meal and it was just as good it would not be an issue. The kid will not eat there rest of the stuff in the bowl but he would eat the meat and I'd been debating whether to get him a kid meal or the full meal with two buns. He eats a lot sometimes, not so much others (growth spurts lol). So maybe i'll just get a regular sized bowl and a kid's bun and let him share mine too.

I loved the greens base, but I am very much a kale salad person. The steak went very well with the romaine and kale salad and I had the chimichurri sauce, which was perfect. The steak had a great flavor on its own, so if you share some with your son, the overall size of the dish might not be too overwhelming. I was able to easily finish my meal there (and eat dessert!) and most WDW portions are too large for me. You might have some leftover greens, but I think it's worth it to get the sauce. The sauce really tied it all together and made it special. I also despise food waste and I get so frustrated with the portion sizes at WDW sometimes. I carry the silliest things back to the room sometimes and never touch them again.

When I go to McDonalds I order my cheeseburger with no pickles and no mustard. Even though the burger pods have both of those, they were blended in a way no particular taste stood out. I enjoyed them as a snack and would get them again as a snack, but I think I’d do one of the bowls if I was to return for a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter