• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga's automatic bathroom fans...

mercexe

Earning My Ears
...are driving us all CRAZY! Here now in a 2 bed and we are not happy about the noise these bad boys generate and the fact they stay on for so long.

Who thought it would be a good idea for these fans to run for a good 10 mins after walking past? If anyone even so much as walks past the bathroom in the night then good luck to everyone else trying to sleep!

The 2 bed villa is nice but we definitely won't be staying here again because of this. Seen from a quick google that other people have commented on same thing...shame DVC haven't sorted this out because we never had any problem at our 2 bed at BLT

Please let the front desk know or call maintenance - perhaps the sensor is just aimed poorly and can be adjusted.

Then follow up with a note to Member Services.

Nothing will change if they do not know it's broken.

From reports this is normal and not any kind of error but I'll mention to front desk anyway

I haven't stayed at Saratoga Springs recently, but, I notice that the fans in the 1BR at Kidani don't stay on long enough to ventilate during a shower. They turn on when a person uses the commode, but not for a shower or a bath. So, the mirrors and the room are too steamy after bathing to dry off enough to get dressed.

Honestly we don't even notice them. Aren't they only in the room where the toilet is located?

We stay at SSR alot and have noticed that the fans SSR don't stay on long enough to ventilate during a shower. The bathrooom is always too steamy after bathing to dress. We have never had them be loud, usually we have to stand in the bathroom to try to hear if it is running. I would call maintenance to fix it.

Have a Good rest of you vacation,
garydeb

If it's that loud, there's certainly a problem with it. Give maintenance a call.

I'm not a fan of the fact that they're automatic, but I can't say that I've ever had a problem with the SSR fans being excessively loud. We've staying in many different studios there, and have never had that problem. My complaint is usually that the fan turns itself off before I finish my shower, not that it comes on too often.

If maintenance can't help, do you have something like a post-it note that you could put over the sensor at night?

We stayed in Saratoga this past May, and I can confirm and agree with the vent fans...I even griped out about here, lol!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3274026

Did we complain at all? No we did not as we just assumed it was "normal".
We're heading back in December, and I might take someones suggestion of a "well placed mickey sticker"...

We stayed in Saratoga this past May, and I can confirm and agree with the vent fans...I even griped out about here, lol!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3274026

Did we complain at all? No we did not as we just assumed it was "normal".
We're heading back in December, and I might take someones suggestion of a "well placed mickey sticker"...
Please put some post-it notes in your bag, as a Mickey sticker would possibly cause permanent damage to the sensor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter