• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs worth it?

I own at SSR & have no problem with anyone who doesn't love it! More for me - thank you! We have stayed mostly Deluxe, renting points for 10 years before buying in 2019.

SSR has 5 pools!! You can pool hop around just at this resort! We also love Disney Springs so it was a no brainer for me when I choose to finally buy. No regrets! I don't think you will either :)

I own at SSR & have no problem with anyone who doesn't love it! More for me - thank you! We have stayed mostly Deluxe, renting points for 10 years before buying in 2019.

SSR has 5 pools!! You can pool hop around just at this resort! We also love Disney Springs so it was a no brainer for me when I choose to finally buy. No regrets! I don't think you will either :)
Would mid November be better for the pools than first wk of Dec? I want to enjoy Christmas decor but not miss out on those amazing pools.

Disney pools are heated but... You know, FL is so unpredictable those "winter months" but I would say yes... Anyone else can weigh in too?

I agree with you. We typically go Thanksgiving week to the week after, and we definitely had more swim time week 1 over week two! This past December, we only got in the pool twice the first week. One day we did a hot tub only day. It was cold!!

Would mid November be better for the pools than first wk of Dec? I want to enjoy Christmas decor but not miss out on those amazing pools.
Dec and Jan can have cold spells. BUt even then my kids swam in the heated pools. ANd sometimes it is in the 80s then. You just never know.

Thanks for the info, everyone! I think we are going to do a split stay between Fort Wilderness for the MK part of our stay, and Saratoga Springs for a couple of days at Disney Springs. Looking forward to our first time at a Deluxe/DVC resort and hoping we have good weather to enjoy those great pools.

We love doing splits. That way you get to enjoy both worlds! Have fun!

I‘ve stayed at SSR several times, and would go back again.

I typically stay on DVC points unless I’m there for a conference, and SSR has pretty favorable point cost. Yes, it’s big. But I find that a small trade off. I think it’s nicely appointed, well maintained, and the proximity to Disney Springs (finally, I’ve stopped calling it DTD) is a real plus for me. Oh, and I agree with a PP that the QS restaurant is better than average—why there is a noticeable difference between the quality of QS restaurants, I’m sure I don’t know.

The refurb is so gorgeous. I stayed there for the first time in October. It had never been on my radar. Now, I have it booked again for May.

Dec and Jan can have cold spells. BUt even then my kids swam in the heated pools. ANd sometimes it is in the 80s then. You just never know.
It’s rare, but November can have fairly cold spells, too. Our 1st SSR stay as new owners was a week before Thanksgiving week in 2006. It never reached 70, and had a low in the 30’s one night.
In the evening we could see steam rising from the pools, with an occasional brave guest in them.

Is that two Murphy beds? One above the sofa and one below the TV?

:D
Yes, queen size over the sofa and bunk/twin size under the TV. I've read that they're both very comfortable. I've seen lots of questions and answers about how big the under-TV one is in terms of individual people being comfortable on it or not, but I haven't seen any actual measurements. When we stay in a 1-bedroom in June I'm going to measure!

Yes, queen size over the sofa and bunk/twin size under the TV. I've read that they're both very comfortable. I've seen lots of questions and answers about how big the under-TV one is in terms of individual people being comfortable on it or not, but I haven't seen any actual measurements. When we stay in a 1-bedroom in June I'm going to measure!

We're staying in a studio, but my 8-year-old is a tiny peanut and I'm sure he'll be fine on either (if the studios also have both).

We're staying in a studio, but my 8-year-old is a tiny peanut and I'm sure he'll be fine on either (if the studios also have both).
Hmm, now I’m not sure about the studios having the small one, but it definitely has the queen size that folds down over the couch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter