Saratoga Springs-what to bring?

disney gym mom

Mouseketeer
We are staying at Saratoga Springs in a 1-bedroom villa in a few weeks and we were wondering what things we need to bring or what they will replenish since I know we don't have daily "housekeeping". We will be there for 2 weeks...2 separate reservations but a continuous stay. Do we need to bring our own paper towels, toilet paper, coffee filters, etc, or do they regularly replenish (upon request?). We really have no idea what to expect, so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We do plan to go to the grocery store to stock up the kitchen shortly after checking in but looking for the random suggestions that people often forget! TIA!!!

You don’t need to bring extra paper towels or tp. As for coffee filters, I don’t think they supply those at all. I’m pretty sure they give you a couple of the coffee already in the bags.(I don’t drink coffee so I’m not sure what you call them!). I do remember people on the boards asking what type of filters you need to bring, so maybe someone can chime in on that.
Do bring extra laundry detergent. They usually only leave one single use box, not sure if they give you more if you ask. We normally pack some of the pods as they take up very little space.

I brought coffee filters and laundry detergent. They provided enough dishwasher soap, paper towels, dish soap and tp. You will get refresh halfway through each week which included replenishing supplies and toiletries. Our last trip the staff asked us in the hallway if we needed anything as we were passing by in the morning.

We really love this resort!

How did you book SSR?

If you are booked through DVC (points or cash), you get your villa serviced every four days. So you'll need your own shampoo and conditioner since the containers they provide are small (and lots of people don't care for the product provided). They will provide toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags, dishwasher detergent, liquid dish detergent, if you need more for no extra charge. If you need additional shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bath soap, coffee and filters, you'll need to bring those or pay for extra. In a one bedroom villa, they will provide a single use box of laundry detergent (no dryer sheets are provided if you use them). Each service day they will usually provide a single package of coffee in a filter (makes four to six cups). If you drink more, you'll want to bring your own flat bottom, Mr Coffee style coffee filters (10-12 cup coffee maker) and coffee.

If you booked through Disney Reservation Center for cash, you will get a daily full cleaning and your supplies will be replenished daily.

Since you have two separate stays, you may want to check if you are blocked into the same villa for the entire stay. Otherwise, you'll have to check out and check in, possibly to a different villa. Even if you are blocked into the same villa for the entire time, you will have to check out and in again on the last day. With a seven night stay, you don't get any full cleaning and if they keep you in the same villa, you might not get sheets changed at all since it is two different reservations (check on that when you check in). With a stay of seven nights of less, you will get your trash removed and towels replaced on day 4 (check in is day 1). If you are staying on a reservation of eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4 and trash removed and towels replaced on day 8 and then the cycle repeats.

However, with the new security checks, you will have your trash removed daily under the guise of being helpful.

People on *********** are reporting that permanent shower toiletries are being installed at SSR. You may want your own shampoo, conditioner and body wash depending on how you feel. If your on points, you’ll want to bring those things anyway.

One thing I always bring is an inexpensive pizza cutter......for some reason the DVC resorts have never had them. :idea: My gang loves pizza and I usually have some frozen on-hand.

If you use salt, bring some along. I don't believe they provide that.

Also, be aware that as of January 8th, Disney now inspects every room, every day. On those days Housekeeping comes in, that counts toward that days inspection. There are a few threads which discuss this here.

We are staying at Saratoga Springs in a 1-bedroom villa in a few weeks and we were wondering what things we need to bring or what they will replenish since I know we don't have daily "housekeeping". We will be there for 2 weeks...2 separate reservations but a continuous stay. Do we need to bring our own paper towels, toilet paper, coffee filters, etc, or do they regularly replenish (upon request?). We really have no idea what to expect, so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We do plan to go to the grocery store to stock up the kitchen shortly after checking in but looking for the random suggestions that people often forget! TIA!!!
You should be good on all paper products. We brought our own coffee and filters because we weren't sure we would like the coffee. We're from Canada and didn't recognize the brands offered at Garden Grocer. We stayed a 8 day stay and brought 2 laundry pods and a couple of dryer sheets. Other than that we didn't feel we needed anything else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter