Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas Poor Transportation

MKCP5

DIS Veteran
Just back from the treehouse villas. I have never stayed in a deluxe on property and it was a big splurge for a college program reunion group of friends. It was lovely, and we had a great time, but i don't think I would book there again. I saw some info prior to going that the transportation could be trying. Boy were they right. It was a minimum of an hour up to two! to get to and from any of the parks. I think our next trip might be based on which hotel has the best transportation! I know they do their best. I know there are thousands of people to be moved around, but it just feels like there should be a better way. Thank goodness I wasn't doing it with small children! Thoughts?

Sorry this happened to you! I'm considering a ladies trip and the THV are on the possibility list. Was it the wait for the bus or the actual ride that was the issue?

Sorry this happened to you! I'm considering a ladies trip and the THV are on the possibility list. Was it the wait for the bus or the actual ride that was the issue?
At THV you bus to the main area, then get park buses from there, I believe. They are pretty remote. It is a bit like Fort Wilderness in that regard.

Having a car at THV is recommended.

It was a combo. They are remote from the main resort, which we liked in general. Sitting on the deck sipping coffee or a drink was quiet and nice. Going to the parks you have to take a bus to the main resort. It comes every 20 minutes or so, but not on any particular schedule. Once at the main resort you often cannot get on the first bus you see because it is such a huge resort there are a lot of people waiting.
The way home was longer. After waiting at the park for a Saratoga bus (usually not too long) you drive right by the entrance to the treehouse villas, then three stops in the resort before you get off, then the wait for a bus to go to the treehouses. (Often a long wait) That makes for a very long trek back to your villa.

The part that wasn't bad was the treehouse boat access to Disney Springs. They take you directly there and we didn't have to wait too long for one to pick us up. It was very pleasant and relaxed.

The treehouses themselves were super comfy and we really enjoyed having a kitchen and living room etc. We were a party of 5 separate adults.

Would go back if I could improve transportation. Renting a car is not what I want to do. In addition to extra expense, a big benefit to me of staying on property is not worrying about transportation.

Yep. It is a significant issue with the Tree House Villa's in particular. And one of the main reasons we haven't tried them one of the several times they've popped up as an option. Every so often they have pretty spectacular AP rates and we've been tempted. But I think for us, they'd only be a choice for a non-park trip, since we never have a car. I wouldn't want to deal with the bus issues.

I know I'm making it sound simpler than it is, but boy we wished they would just let us hop off the bus at night on the way back. Happy to walk to our villa from the main road.

We are staying there in 8 days and very glad we will have a car so we can drive to the grandstand area and catch the bus from there.

We are staying there in 8 days and very glad we will have a car so we can drive to the grandstand area and catch the bus from there.

We always drove directly to the parks from THV. Parking is free for resort guests. Have fun. We love THV.

We always drove directly to the parks from THV. Parking is free for resort guests. Have fun. We love THV.
We truly dislike driving to Magic Kingdom since you have to park at the TTC. But we will probably drive to the others. Our plans include Water park on Friday, Magic Kingdom and Epcot (Party for the Senses) on Saturday, and Animal Kingdom on Sunday. On Monday we move over to BWV

We truly dislike driving to Magic Kingdom since you have to park at the TTC. But we will probably drive to the others. Our plans include Water park on Friday, Magic Kingdom and Epcot (Party for the Senses) on Saturday, and Animal Kingdom on Sunday. On Monday we move over to BWV

Gotcha. I don't like parking at the TTC either. Your plans sound awesome.

I know this is an old thread, but there is a group of us ladies considering renting a Treehouse in May. Is there a problem getting Minnie Vans or Uber from there? TIA

I know this is an old thread, but there is a group of us ladies considering renting a Treehouse in May. Is there a problem getting Minnie Vans or Uber from there? TIA
Considering you need a magic band to open the gate to the area, I bet no on Uber, but maybe on Minnie Van since they are operated by Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter