Saratoga Springs resort Question

michettism

Earning My Ears
Hello, SS is our home resort since 2004, but we had a really bad experience there early on and have avoided staying there ever since. One example, we were one of three families (with young kids) that got off the boat from then Downtown Disney one night in a torrential downpour. The door to the resort was locked and we banged on it for 20 minutes while trying to take cover. Finally, i took a very long walk in the dark around the resort property - there were no paths so i was walking thru grass (wondering if there were gators so close to the water) and finally reached the front of the building and had the desk open the back door. The pool back then was hotter than bath water and not refreshing at all. Our room was far away from the main area, and upon arrival we walked up the cement steps thru the cement hallway to find our towels in a plastic container on the floor outside our door. This is not a big deal but coming back from the park on a hot day, what a contrast to walk down the beautiful carpeted, air contidioned, halls of Beach Club villas vs the cement steps and non air conditioned cement hallway at SS. Our subsequent stays at Beach Club Villas, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, etc have all been magical and we have not been back to SS since about 2005. We have an upcoming trip in September and could not get a straight thru reservation so we have split reservations at AKL (savana view), then Polynesian bungalos, then SS in a preferred room. I know the SS pool was renovated, the just renovated rooms are beautiful, and i'm sure the return from Disney Springs door situation has long been resolved. Since we never stayed in the preferred rooms (or building) at SS, was wondering if they have the cement steps and cement hallway with the towels in a plastic bin on the floor outside the door - or did this change? Thanks

The halls and steps are still there and the towels will in a basket, until housekeeping get to you unit to service it.

I have stayed at SSR twice. Once in 2014 in the Congress Park Section. I found the section very far from the Carriage House area, but we love the closeness to Disney Springs.

I just stayed there again this past November in a refurbished Preferred 1bedroom unit in The Springs. The Villa was gorgeous. The Carriage House and pool were across the road.

Both of the stays our Villa was on the ground floor. I too find the long nondescript hallways a little unappealing. From what I have seen all building are the same. OKW building have outside entrance too. It reminds me of HHI and VB. All these DVC have individual buildings, they are not styled like a hotel.

The other thing unique about SSR is how large it is. It really can not be compared with the DVC that are much smaller and connected to a Deluxe Resort. SSR always has availability and the points are relatively low. So, that to is part of it’s appeal. It’s proximity to Disney Springs makes it the perfect resort for a non-park stay.

I am staying there again this summer. My family is doing a Spilt stay at Rivera for 5 nights and then we will be at SSR for 3 nights. We will be chilling at SSR and enjoying all the fun Disney Springs has to offer.
I have stayed at BLT, AKL, WL, VGF, OKW, POLY and Rivera.

I can’t help with main door problems. I think you mean the Carriage House.
Our towels were in our room. Mousekeeping was excellent on our last stay.

If you want to be blow away with style and elegance stay at Rivera. It’s GORGEOUS!😎👍🏻

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter