Saratoga Springs - do any preferred rooms face the parking lots?

At SSR, it has to do with the section you are in and not view, The preferred sections are Congress Park, which is closet to DS and you can walk from there easily.

The other is the Springs. That is close to the main building, QS location and thr High Springs pool

Grandstand, Carosoul, and Paddock area are standard locations. All of the buildings, no matter section, have rooms that may have a view of the parking lot.

Never been to SS. Do any of the preferred rooms face parking lots?
We only stay in Congress Park when we stay there and all rooms we've had face the gardens or Disney Springs. It would appear to be by design. You enter from the parking lot side so that is your front door to your room and then the balconies/patios are on the other end, facing outward. This is the case in the two or three buildings in Congress Park that we usually get. But I cannot speak for all Preferred areas/buildings and all rooms. I don't believe any are right on top of the parking lot, but some may have the parking in the background past the lawns/gardens.

We only stay in Congress Park when we stay there and all rooms we've had face the gardens or Disney Springs. It would appear to be by design. You enter from the parking lot side so that is your front door to your room and then the balconies/patios are on the other end, facing outward. This is the case in the two or three buildings in Congress Park that we usually get. But I cannot speak for all Preferred areas/buildings and all rooms. I don't believe any are right on top of the parking lot, but some may have the parking in the background past the lawns/gardens.
All of the rooms face outward, not to the lots. Much like OKW. The sides that abut the lots are exterior hallways.

That's a good observation, I've stayed in every section I think, except Congress Park, and never see a parking lot from the room.

The entry side of each building which most directly faces parking does not have any balconies. But depending on positioning, most buildings have rooms on the more narrow side which can only be called a parking lot view. At congress park, it's specifically the areas circled in red below. Growth of the trees has helped over the years, but parking and bus stop can dominate the view.

All 3 preferred buildings in The Springs have a similar issue with one full side facing parking or the main road.

Screenshot 2023-07-21 at 11.02.10 AM.png

The entry side of each building which most directly faces parking does not have any balconies. But depending on positioning, most buildings have rooms on the more narrow side which can only be called a parking lot view. At congress park, it's specifically the areas circled in red below. Growth of the trees has helped over the years, but parking and bus stop can dominate the view.

All 3 preferred buildings in The Springs have a similar issue with one full side facing parking or the main road.

View attachment 779413
That's what I referred to, but we've never had those. Maybe those are studios? We are usually in a 2BR, sometimes 1BR.

That's what I referred to, but we've never had those. Maybe those are studios? We are usually in a 2BR, sometimes 1BR.
Studio, 1B and 2B can be found on those sides of buildings. Though Dedicated 2Bs are rarer. Mathematically there's only a small chance of getting one of those rooms. One could stay at SSR a dozen times and never have a road or parking lot view. But they do exist.

Those rooms are far enough from the lots where seeing the lot would be unlikely. Too many trees in the way.

Those rooms are far enough from the lots where seeing the lot would be unlikely. Too many trees in the way.

I stayed in a studio on the first floor in one of those buildings last year, and I most definitively had a parking-dominated view. The higher up you are, the more the trees will cover though. But those two ends definitely face the parking lot and it's visible.

I stayed in a studio on the first floor in one of those buildings last year, and I most definitively had a parking-dominated view. The higher up you are, the more the trees will cover though. But those two ends definitely face the parking lot and it's visible.
You've demonstrated the definition of "unlikely."

It will never be completely obscured, especially not on the higher floors.

A lot of it comes down to expectations. If you're sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee, from 80% of the rooms in Congress Park you'll have a peaceful view the lagoon and Disney Springs. From these other locations, you're basically guaranteed of seeing and hearing Disney buses 15 hours per day.

I wouldn't fret about getting those rooms because the odds are low. When SSR occupancy is under 100%, I'm guessing they are among the rooms that would be intentionally left vacant.

But it's important to understand what @Sandisw said in the first reply. The "preferred" designation is about building location, NOT view. There are road / parking lot views in the preferred category.

There are some rooms at the Springs which have a small parking lot view. Look at the map in Post 5. At the bottom of the 2 buildings near the bus stop, you can see how the parking lot spills over a bit onto the side of the buildings.

That's not many rooms, though. And as @goferrarif1 states, you really only need to worry about it if you're on the ground floor. There are a lot of trees there, too. I would not want to be on the ground floor in those rooms, but wouldn't really mind being above them. Of course, not gonna lie, I'd rather have a view of the fountain. But for parking lot, those rooms up a couple floors are not bad.

There are some rooms at the Springs which have a small parking lot view. Look at the map in Post 5. At the bottom of the 2 buildings near the bus stop, you can see how the parking lot spills over a bit onto the side of the buildings.

That's not many rooms, though. And as @goferrarif1 states, you really only need to worry about it if you're on the ground floor. There are a lot of trees there, too. I would not want to be on the ground floor in those rooms, but wouldn't really mind being above them. Of course, not gonna lie, I'd rather have a view of the fountain. But for parking lot, those rooms up a couple floors are not bad.

Yep, the amount of rooms that face the lot are quite small, but it's non-zero. We were bummed with our view but weren't staying long so it didn't matter that much. Chances are very high you won't get one, though so I wouldn't sweat it. Worst case scenario, just go to the front desk and see if any other rooms are available for you to move to.

That's what I expected. We've never had one, but have walked around the grounds and buildings quite a bit and not noticed it as a big negative. But everyone is different ;)

You've demonstrated the definition of "unlikely."
Well, there is only one room at BRV that has that dreaded dumpster view and people do get it, so unlikely or not, its there.

I agree that the chances are great you won't get a room with a view of a parking lot, but as I mentioned, having a preferred location does not give you a better chance to avoid a glimpse or view of a lot/road any more than it does if you book a standard location.

Which is what I wanted to be sure the OP understood.

Can you tell me some more info? We booked a preferred 1 bedroom. Can you tell me the difference of being in Congress Park or the Springs?

It will never be completely obscured, especially not on the higher floors.

A lot of it comes down to expectations. If you're sitting on the balcony with a cup of coffee, from 80% of the rooms in Congress Park you'll have a peaceful view the lagoon and Disney Springs. From these other locations, you're basically guaranteed of seeing and hearing Disney buses 15 hours per day.

I wouldn't fret about getting those rooms because the odds are low. When SSR occupancy is under 100%, I'm guessing they are among the rooms that would be intentionally left vacant.

But it's important to understand what @Sandisw said in the first reply. The "preferred" designation is about building location, NOT view. There are road / parking lot views in the preferred category.
Ok this is what I also thought...location vs view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter