Sarasota...How Far?

MelissaS

Earning My Ears
Can anyone tell me how far of a drive it is from Orlando to Sarasota/Siesta Key area? The travel channel had a special about Florida's best beaches last night and this place looked really beautiful. Just wondering if we could do it in a day.

Any help is appreciated!:confused:

it is a beautiful beach/area. It is about 132 miles or 2 1/2 hrs. We are going there but are staying there for 3 or 4 days while in Florida. I don't think we would do it for a 'day trip'.

I agree that it is better to stay a dayor 2, but it can be done for a day trip. My Grandparents live in Sarasota and the past 2 Disney trips we took, we did just a one day trips to Sarasota.
Beaches are beautiful. Just leave first thing in the morning and you could be at the beach by 10am. We like Siesta Key.

Haven't been to the beaches for a couple years now though. But the drive down isn't bad. Have a nice trip.

Thanks guys! Will talk to dh and see what he thinks....the sand looked sooooo beautiful. I would love to check it out! Only 38 short days to go!:cool:

were having a day trip here very soon, weve decided to drive down early and spend as much time here as we can.

jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter