Sarah & Phil's Escape Wedding 11.04.2014 SBP/Attic/Vikings Landing

PrincessSarah19

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Loooooong time lurker here so very excited to finally be able to post my very own PJ!!!

I'm Sarah, 24, originally from South Wales, UK but now live in the North West of England where my fiancé, Phil, 25, is from. We met back in 2008 as participants on Disney's International College Program where we both worked at Magic Kingdom.

We had both just completed our first year at university and so for the first three years of our relationship we were a long distance couple. Fortunately, this meant seeing each other every couple of weeks and only 3.5 hours between us – unlike my college program room-mate who saw her boyfriend every couple of months. Phil proposed on Christmas Eve 2008. This was us - gosh we look so young!

But then we needed to finish school and get jobs... We finally started living together in 2011 when I got a new job and was able to move to Cheshire to be with Phil. This was taken just after I had moved in with him and his parents in 2011:

After 2 years of trespassing on my future in-laws' kindness and hospitality, we finally moved out to our own place at the end of last year. With that achieved, we turned our minds back to the fact that we had now been engaged for 5 years and had yet to set a date.

So we looked at our finances, and decided to go for it!

I am ever so slightly superstitious and so am reluctant to post the details until we get the confirmation of everything – which should be later on this week! For now, it's going to be an escape wedding with no more than 12 people (including us) in the first week of November 2014.

Hello everyone! Loooooong time lurker here so very excited to finally be able to post my very own PJ!!!

I'm Sarah, 24, originally from South Wales, UK but now live in the North West of England where my fiancé, Phil, 25, is from. We met back in 2008 as participants on Disney's International College Program where we both worked at Magic Kingdom.

We had both just completed our first year at university and so for the first three years of our relationship we were a long distance couple. Fortunately, this meant seeing each other every couple of weeks and only 3.5 hours between us – unlike my college program room-mate who saw her boyfriend every couple of months.

Phil proposed on Christmas Eve 2008. This was us – gosh we look so young!

But then we needed to finish school and get jobs...

We finally started living together in 2011 when I got a new job and was able to move to Cheshire to be with Phil. This was taken just after I had moved in with him and his parents in 2011:

After 2 years of trespassing on my future in-laws' kindness and hospitality, we finally moved out to our own place at the end of last year. With that achieved, we turned our minds back to the fact that we had now been engaged for 5 years and had yet to set a date.

So we looked at our finances, and decided to go for it!

I am ever so slightly superstitious and so am reluctant to post the details until we get the confirmation of everything – which should be later on this week! For now, it's going to be an escape wedding with no more than 12 people (including us) in the first week of November 2014.

What a story! Time does have a way of getting away from us! :)

Congratulations and good luck with the wedding!:goodvibes

Congrats and welcome!! You both look so cute :goodvibes Can't wait to follow your planning!

I did my college program (though not international) in MK too - Tommorrowland Attractions. Where did you both work?

Congrats! DF and I have been engaged 4 years now so I completely know the feeling! :goodvibes Can't wait to see your plans!

Hi Sarah! I'm planning an escape wedding the first week of November too (hopefully the 5th). Hope you get the date and locations you picked!

Congrats and welcome!! You both look so cute :goodvibes Can't wait to follow your planning! I did my college program (though not international) in MK too - Tommorrowland Attractions. Where did you both work?

Thank you!

We both worked quick service food - Phil at Main Street bakery and ice cream parlour and I worked in outdoor foods which comprises all those carts selling ice cream and popcorn and drinks dotted all around the park.

Thank you all for your posts!

So I've been dealing with Pam Pearce at DFTW who has been so friendly and helpful and I just got an email from her letting me know that she is holding our preferred dates and locations for us!

So I can now let you all in on the plan:

We are having a midday ceremony at sea breeze point followed by a private catered event at the attic from 2pm to 4pm. The day will be rounded off with an Epcot dessert party at Norway's Vikings Landing.

I've replied sending off all the details Pam needed to write up our letter of agreement and I'm just super excited!

Congrats from another Escape SBP bride! We will be in WDW the week of your wedding...I might just have to plan to stalk you! ;)

Can't wait to follow along on all the details!

Following!
Great to hear about an Escape wedding!!
DF and I are also going to be engaged for quite a while and I'm also interested in an event at the Attic, so I'm eager it hear more!

Glad to hear you got the locations you wanted! My dessert party is the night after yours at Vikings Landing too! We might be stalking your wedding and DP with Lorelei!

~Christina

Congrats! You two are so cute! Can't wait to see the rest of your plans unfold! My fiance and I will miss you by a month... we get married at the Swan in October!

Hello all!

Gosh the last couple of weeks have just flown by! Sorry that I haven't been updating you.

I heard some good news today in that Disney have received our signed LOA! Yay!:cool1:

I've been freaking out ever since I mailed it that it would get lost or be late but it's alright now - it's there! Phew!

Congrats from another Escape SBP bride! We will be in WDW the week of your wedding...I might just have to plan to stalk you! ;)

Can't wait to follow along on all the details!

Glad to hear you got the locations you wanted! My dessert party is the night after yours at Vikings Landing too! We might be stalking your wedding and DP with Lorelei!

~Christina

Haha! Stalk away ladies!

Christina - I had never considered Norway before I got in touch with Disney but it is such a gem of a DP location for Escape brides, isn't it?

So while we wait for things to get confirmed, I can start by telling you what I do know.

I have my dress!

A little bit of perspective first. I am 5'3'' barefoot and insanely awkward. The first time my family ever went to WDW, I ended up in the ER because I cut my leg open. Plus I am not the girliest of girls. Sure I wear dresses and high heels to work but as soon as I get home, I am in jeans and sneakers.

So, when looking for my wedding dress I know that I was not looking for a big, princessy gown that I was going to trip up on all day. I adore looking at them but they are just not for me.

I had found a designer online who made retro 1950s style tea-length dresses and I completely fell in love with the designs and the whole concept of having a short dress. However, I read an extremely scary article about buying wedding dresses over the internet and set about finding someone who made the same style dress but here in the UK.

That's when I found the House of Mooshki and, in particular, a dress called Sarah (I know, serendipity or what?)

I went in January to a bridal boutique with my Mom, my Grandma and my FMiL. I tried on every single House of Mooshki dress they had but as soon as I had tried Sarah on, nothing else was even in the race.

The photograph shows it in apricot with an ivory lace overlay but I am having mine made in blush pink with ivory lace instead.

Congrats on your LOA! And your dress looks incredibly cute. I bet you could even wear it again it you wanted. :goodvibes

You're dress is gorgeous!!! I'm looking for a similar look (although our wedding is still far away).
I'm sure you look beautiful in it and I'm very curious about the accessories!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter