Sapphire Falls or Royal Pacific?

Polynesian27

Mouseketeer
Hi all, my wife and I have decided to do 3 nights in Universal ahead of our Disney trip. We are experts in all things Disney and know very little about Universal. We need some help picking between Royal Pacific and Sapphire Falls for our hotel stay. We can save over $1500 staying at Sapphire falls but then again we would get express pass staying at Royal Pacific. Even if we booked a night at Royal Pacific and didn't use the room just to get the express pass we would still save a decent amount. However, is Royal Pacific that much nicer or have better amenities that I'm not aware about? How do the pools compare along with onsite food options? What about the rooms? Please help!!! thank you!! We are traveling with a 5, 7, and 12 year old as well.

There isn’t a dramatic difference in amenities between the two other than the express pass. The 2 hotels are right next to each. It’s a short walk from Sapphire Falls to Royal Pacific. You can pool hop between Universal Hotels if you’re not at Surfside or Dockside which are the hotels south of I4. The pool at Royal Pacific doesn’t have a slide. SF pool does. It has a water play area instead of the slide. Both have hot tubs.

You get express access for check in and check out day so 2 days for 1 hotel night. So depending on when you’re going, it could be worth it to book 1 night at RP even if you don’t use the room.

If you read up on what the rides, entertainment and activities available at the darkside parks(uo has), you can decide if it is worth it for you and your family.

There's not much of a difference between the two. I think SF has a nicer pool and two of my favorite full service restaurants (Amatista and Strong Water) but RP has better quick service food options and maybe slightly larger rooms. I would stay one night at RP for 2 days of express and the other two at SF or you could look into Cabana Bay family suite which would give you extra room with a small kitchenette and sitting area with sofa bed and your kids would love their pools and lazy river-plus its probably even cheaper than SF.

Sapphire Falls has a better pool and room design in my opinion, but Royal Pacific is closer to the parks and has slightly nicer theming. I think your plan to just get express for two days by booking the room for one night is good.

I far prefer Sapphire. IMO the only reason to pick RP over it is for express pass.

One step further and I'd say stay at Aventura and save even more, especially if you are thinking of booking 1 night at RP for just the express passes.
You have access to everything at SF and RP, including the pools.

Some people have said rooms in Aventura are closer to the pool in SF than some of the rooms in SF.
I'm not sure about that - but I always price it out and see what Id save.

Yes, if we are only comparing hotels, then I like Sapphire Falls better. For hotel theming and amenities, Sapphire is probably my second favorite after Portofino. If we are talking EP, than RP wins.

If a split stay is ok or a throw-a-way room is ok, then, I'd do either of those options over a straight stay at RP.

We stayed at Aventura our last two trips, and I really liked it. The price couldn't be beat, and I loved the compact layout of the hotel, the amazing views, and the food court which was quick, reasonably priced, had huge portions made to order, and a decent slection of options. The warming station in the area was a nice feature as well with microwaves and toasters, so you could reheat leftovers or make breakfast. We were able to eat quite a few meals here made from groceries this way. I also liked the layout of the 2 Queen Deluxe rooms which is very different from a typical hotel room with the beds separated from one another, so it feels like you have a little more privacy. It was a quick walk over to Sapphire for the boat. No EP, though, and it feels very much like a sterile business hotel over a resort. Plus, the pool area is quite plain, but again, you can go next door to either CB or Sapphire, so you don't really need an amazing pool.

Also note, it's not just the pools you can use at different hotels. If you check the fine print, you will see all resort guests on the main property have access to all the amenties at all the other resorts that are on the main property. You simply go to the conceirge desk and request an amentity pass at the hotel you are visiting. You can then use the pool, gym, etc. Aventura, Sapphire, and RP are all right together, so it's very quick and easy to switch between the three hotels, especially if you are in the middle at Sapphire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter