Sapphire Falls opening before summer?

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, I assume there is nothing "definite" at this point with the opening date of Sapphire falls-I saw somewhere it showed May, and there are APH rates for it for August. Any thoughts from you Dis professionals if they think it will actually be open by summer? We wanted to stay at one of their Sapphire Suites the second week of August.
Thank you!

Since our trip over Thanksgiving, UO has re-opened PBH and switched from ESS to ESD. In both cases, I think you could tell from the reservation pages what hotels were going to be available for certain dates. For Spring Break it looks like ESS is opening back up, and then SF is taking reservations in May/June. So my guess is that it will be open then, barring any significant downturns in Covid cases.

If you are concerned that they may not re-open (it was one of the first closures when Covid hit), I would consider booking a room in a second resort (and cancelling one when you get close to your trip). Even if they were to move you from SF to another hotel, there would be no guarantee of a particular room type being available...

ok thanks! Really like the suites over there, fingers crossed!

The suites are beautiful, we LOVE the Sapphire Suite.

I`m not convinced they`ll be open for the summer, but if not you`ll get moved to one of the other hotels.

I have been clueless about the UO hotels being closed. I unknowingly booked the APH rate at SF for Memorial Day weekend with no issues. Hoping it reopens. I am just going to keep my room with the knowledge that they will rebook me if there are problems. It's our first stay at SF (Schumigirl is so convincing!) so keeping my fingers crossed.

I have been clueless about the UO hotels being closed. I unknowingly booked the APH rate at SF for Memorial Day weekend with no issues. Hoping it reopens. I am just going to keep my room with the knowledge that they will rebook me if there are problems. It's our first stay at SF (Schumigirl is so convincing!) so keeping my fingers crossed.
When they closed SF last time, they moved people over to deluxe resorts. So it was a very inexpensive EP. I don't think they would have allowed the booking unless they planned to have it open again, but I've been wrong before...

That's what I thought about booking-it's allowing you to do it, plus the APH is there. Guess it just depends how the next few months go, fingers and toes crossed!

The suites are beautiful, we LOVE the Sapphire Suite.

I`m not convinced they`ll be open for the summer, but if not you`ll get moved to one of the other hotels.

I always appreciate your insight! Currently we have 2 rooms (hopefully connected) at SF for the meetup weekend (if they open by then!!). I see they have a 2 BR suite with 2 queens and a king plus a main living area with a pull out sofa. We are traveling with me, DH, ds, dd and her 2 friends. For $100 more a night is the suite worth it? I’m beginning to think it is but have never been to SF let alone a suite!!

I'd prefer having two rooms over one suite. (Just in general) Since you will just have two adults, they will prioritize you getting connecting rooms. I wouldn't hold my breath on being upgraded to premier though. Universal seems to be doing very well, and they have enough post-covid data to have reasonable predictions on crowds.

I always appreciate your insight! Currently we have 2 rooms (hopefully connected) at SF for the meetup weekend (if they open by then!!). I see they have a 2 BR suite with 2 queens and a king plus a main living area with a pull out sofa. We are traveling with me, DH, ds, dd and her 2 friends. For $100 more a night is the suite worth it? I’m beginning to think it is but have never been to SF let alone a suite!!

Aww thanks Erica.....

I think a lot of the suites at Sapphire, but, we`ve only ever stayed in Sapphire Suites and the Hospitality Suite. I have never been in a regular room.

But, I`d go for the suites every time. They are more spacious in general. I`d say that was worth it.

As for pp mentioning priority, it may not happen as most folks who want connecting rooms are two adults with families. It`s not uncommon so it is first come first served, as with most requests.

You have it on your reservation, I think you mentioned it before. If they open, which I`m not sure they will be, you`ll love the suites. We adore Sapphire Falls and would have been there for 3 weeks in May if we had been able to travel.

It`s difficult to value worth to different people. $100 a night means more to some than others......so if you`re happy to do that, I absolutely would. Let us know what you decide......:wave2:

Aww thanks Erica.....

I think a lot of the suites at Sapphire, but, we`ve only ever stayed in Sapphire Suites and the Hospitality Suite. I have never been in a regular room.

But, I`d go for the suites every time. They are more spacious in general. I`d say that was worth it.

As for pp mentioning priority, it may not happen as most folks who want connecting rooms are two adults with families. It`s not uncommon so it is first come first served, as with most requests.

You have it on your reservation, I think you mentioned it before. If they open, which I`m not sure they will be, you`ll love the suites. We adore Sapphire Falls and would have been there for 3 weeks in May if we had been able to travel.

It`s difficult to value worth to different people. $100 a night means more to some than others......so if you`re happy to do that, I absolutely would. Let us know what you decide......:wave2:

I booked the 2 bedroom suite with king and connecting 2 queen room! We are treating dd’s 2 friends (if their parents ok it) so I’d like to make it as special as possible! I’m not looking for an upgrade to a premier hotel, I just hope SF will be open!!!

I booked the 2 bedroom suite with king and connecting 2 queen room! We are treating dd’s 2 friends (if their parents ok it) so I’d like to make it as special as possible! I’m not looking for an upgrade to a premier hotel, I just hope SF will be open!!!

What a lovely thing to do!

I`m sure they`ll be thrilled for such a trip....hope the parents give it the ok!!

Hi I just booked one night in the beginning of June and spoke with someone to make the reservations. I know anything can change but she did tell me that it will be open by then. I am hoping she is correct I really want to try Sapphire. We just booked a regular room since we won't be in it much as we are doing the Orlando Informer Dis meet and I am sure we will be back in the room late. I have heard great things about it and looking forward to trying it.

I hope it all works out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter