• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanford to Comfort Inn I-drive

henrydog

Mouseketeer
Could someone please give me the best route from Sanford to Comfort Inn, which is between U.S. & Wet'n'Wild. Never driven in the States before so any other tips on driving would be appreciated.
Also any info on road tolls ie typical costs getting from airport and travelling from Orlando to Busch gardens, and do you need correct change for a machine or is there somebody there?

Thanks for all the help

Hi henrydog :)

This is the route I have taken in the past from Sanford:

Exit airport onto Lake Mary Boulevard and head for the 417

Join the 417 and head South till the Junction with the Toll Road 528 (junction 26 I think)

Join the 528 (Beeline Expressway) and head SW. Now at some point along here you pass
Orlando International Airport on your left. Keep going and this road till you come to International Drive running across. You are at Sea World end of I/Drive and need to turn right – go all the way along I/Drive and you will see Wet N Wild on your right at you get quite near the end.

Don’t worry – there are plenty of Signs for I/Drive and all the attractions are heavily signposted too – so if you know your near US or WnW then head for one of those – but it really is a lot easier than it sounds.

It’s worth investing in a good map a while before you go and just keep looking at it to familiarise yourself with where everything is – but be warned, you cannot possibly guage the size and distance of everything from the maps! LOL

Here is a link to Sanford Airpot which is worth having a look at.

You might need about $10 for the tolls - it may not be that much, but that would more than cover it - and there are both Auto Tolls and Toll Booths with attendants. They are usually more than happy to help with directions - and they do give change, but some of the charges are less than a couple of dollars so we always try to have some lose change handy. Buying a coffee at the airport usually does the trick with this :)

I need to refresh my memory on the Busch Gardens trip - I think we took the I4 West, then the I75 North. I can get my maps out and check that out for you in more detail if you want.

Hope this helps - but please dont worry about the Driving, it is really easier than you think and a great deal of fun. If I can do it - anyone can I assure you ;)

Thanks for the info Janice

Just one more question on the subject of driving, I have still got the old pink driving license, is this still ok to use over there rather than the new photo one? I think I saw a thread somewhere which said it was but perhaps you could confirm that.

Hello Again :wave:

Yep the pink Driving Licence is perfectly fine for Orlando - but it has to be the original and not a photo copy. I always take a photo copy with me just in case as I do of all the important documents, ( a sort of belt and braces type of person me ;) ) but have never had the need to use them :)

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter