• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanford - HELP!

dlrpmart

Earning My Ears
Hi,
My family is landing at Sanford airport and we are staying in the Lake Buena Vista area and need some contact details of good (cheap!) transport compaines.
It's for both our airport trips, Disney, Universal and Seaworld.

Thanks in advance.
Martin
eliveco.com ::MickeyMo

One of the big disadvantages of Sanford is the lack of cheap transport.

Are you looking for a rental car or a limo company? Does your hotel offer transport to anyplace? Otherwise it looks to me like you are going to paying a lot for transport.

We used *********** as our transportation to and from Sandford and Port Orleans Riverside in April. We needed a 10 passenger van because we were a large party (8), I think we paid around $200 and split the cost with my SIL. Gratuity was extra. They were very reliable.

You can check them out on-line at www.**********************

Good luck!

It has been awhile since I've posted.....are we not allowed to put names of companies and their web address anymore????? I tried entering some info and when I posted my message they came back as *******

Loops,
Some companies have been banned. (I have a feeling I know who you were using)

They were banned because they posted on this board soliciting business even after tehy were requested to stop. The boards are supported by the sponsors and their advertising should not be "dilulted" by people unwilling to pay.

IF the limo company in question had not solicited you would still be allowed to post the link so they did this to themselves! My theory is that if you play slimy I don't need to give you business.

However, no matter what the limo company, it's hard to say $200 is cheap LOL!

Thanks for the heads up Carol :flower: .

Actually, their rate was the best I got for a 10 passenger van. It was $200 round trip and like I said, we split it between my family and my SIL's family, so it was pretty reasonable. We saved alot on airfare from flying in and out of smaller airports too.

I think you probably got a good rate. You do need to look at the increased transport cost however when flying from Sanford. Sometimes I am not sure folks save enough to justify the higher cost, but I know in some cases they save LOTS!

I wonder how the bankruptcy of TMA will affect Sanford. I know they used them as their hub.

Get on sanford airport website and look over the ground transportation options. Although we use Happy Limo, I didn't find that the costs were any higher than at MCO. And to us, the smaller airport environment is a big positive that trumps a few extra dollars. :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter