Sanford Airport question

disneydawn

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Has anyone ever flown into Sanford Airport? I can get a great fare if we fly there instead of MCO. Disney won't pick you up there so... has anyone used a towncar service and what did it cost? We have 8 people so we would need a big van. Anyone? Thanks for the help!

We have flown to Sanford airport, but have rented a car and turned it in at Disney after a grocery store stop. There are towncar services listed on this site ( one is FLtowncar) and the rates are listed on their site. With lots of people I'm sure it will be worth it.. Priscilla

Priscilla,
What rental company did you use that you were able to turn it in at Disney and where did you turn it in? Also, did you go back and rent again to get back to the airport? Thanks!

We live in Fort Lauderdale and actually drive to the Sanford airport for our kids to fly to their grannys house.

They seem to fly into smaller airports and they fly right to the town where their granny lives so she doesnt have to drive hours to get them.

The airport is small. But it works out well and you dont have to wait around too much.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Are you flying ALLEGIANT????

We have flown Allegiant a few times and find it much more enjoyable. The airport is so small and easy to navigate. We usually rent a car one way to get to WDW and then have a van service pick us up to get us back as the return flight is soooo early and we have to leave the hotel at 5:30. That way we can sit back and relax/sleep and let someone else be responsible for getting us to the airport on time.

My mom flew in/out of Sanford this past christmas to join us at WDW. I drove to pick her up and take her back. If you decide to rent drive some things to think about, it is about an hours drive and about $20 in tolls - I think round trip??? If you have little ones a driver might be better due to the need for car seats. One of the sites - Mears? - has an online quote form to figure it out, I think it was around $120. I also remember the check in line for Allegiant was long when I took my mom, but they have alot of flights that leave around the same time and they came out when it was getting close to see in anyone was still in line for flights getting ready to leave. Hope that helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter