Sanford Airport and using Turo

twinz

I agree with getting my WDW fix
My sister and I got a really good deal ($1000.00 CDN) from Pittsburg to Sanford. We usually fly into MCO (like everyone else). There are 5 of us (my sister and I, my 8 year old and her 4 year old twins). We are trying to navigate how to get to and from Beach Club from Sanford airport. Has anyone ever used Turo? If so, what was your experience? We're not entirely sure if we want to have the car the whole week (because more than likely it'll just sit there), but it seems less expensive then hiring a car service for the both ways.
Thanks

My sister and I got a really good deal ($1000.00 CDN) from Pittsburg to Sanford. We usually fly into MCO (like everyone else). There are 5 of us (my sister and I, my 8 year old and her 4 year old twins). We are trying to navigate how to get to and from Beach Club from Sanford airport. Has anyone ever used Turo? If so, what was your experience? We're not entirely sure if we want to have the car the whole week (because more than likely it'll just sit there), but it seems less expensive then hiring a car service for the both ways.
Thanks
Personally I wouldn't do it. Just like with extremely low priced rental cars, most of the time you'll be fine, but if something goes wrong, it really goes wrong. Make sure your personal insurance will cover the Turo since the credit card insurance won't and many times the vehicle owner's insurance won't cover it either. There have also been many reports of Turo owners cancelling reservations when they get offered more money for the same car.

Personally I wouldn't do it. Just like with extremely low priced rental cars, most of the time you'll be fine, but if something goes wrong, it really goes wrong. Make sure your personal insurance will cover the Turo since the credit card insurance won't and many times the vehicle owner's insurance won't cover it either. There have also been many reports of Turo owners cancelling reservations when they get offered more money for the same car.
Thank you so much for this honest answer. We go to Disney yearly and always go in/out of Orlando so this is all new and overwhelming to us. Looks like an Uber might be the way to go.

Look into Cast and Crew transportation on Facebook. They are a a group of cast members who were furloughed during covid and then started a company. I can't recommend them enough!

Thank you so much for this honest answer. We go to Disney yearly and always go in/out of Orlando so this is all new and overwhelming to us. Looks like an Uber might be the way to go.
You will really like SFB as compared to MCO. We try to use SFB when ever we can. We used MCO just a few days ago, so much more difficult. We have a house between the 2 so either works. But to let you know, the last time we came into SFB we were unable to get an Uber and took a taxi. The time before it took awhile to get an Uber. Used to be no problem.

That sounds like a great deal for your trip! Using Turo can be a cost-effective option, especially if traditional rental or car services seem pricey. It gives you flexibility, especially with kids in tow. If you have concerns or need more travel advice, reaching out to pittsburgh international airport customer service could be helpful. They might have recommendations or tips for navigating from Sanford to your destination, making your travel planning a bit easier. Safe travels to you and your family!

Last edited:

How do they compare to uber or reg taxi for cost?
120 plus gratuity one way for up to 4 people. Not cheap but for us the safety and ease was well worth the cost. We had some truly scary ride share experiences that made both us us decide to never go that route again.

I have a friend who just came back from a March Break Trip and they rented through Turo they flew into Sanford as well. No issues with it, just waiting to see what they get charged for using the in car Sunpass that was on the window for tolls.

We normally due lyft out of MCO and it was roughly 46-56 for both drop off and pickup at the resort. We have an upcoming trip down to Disneyworld in a few weeks, we booked a private bus for seven through Away we Go, round trip is roughly $245 which is not bad considering both families would need Lyft rides to and from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter