Sandals for the parks

PrincessDJC

Earning My Ears
I normally stick to sneakers but am wanting a sandal option. I’m worried about blisters as that’s been a problem in the past when walking a lot in sandals. I have a narrow foot so not sure if that’s why. Been a while since I’ve tried sandals for walking. Flip Flops aren’t an option as my legs tire even in good ones so looking for a good sandal that folks can recommend that don’t cause blisters for the tender footed 🤔😂😂

I have sketchers Go Walk sandals and have no problems with them (my plantar fasciitis is not aggravated with lots of walking at wdw in them). Also you can try Teva or Keens. Those cost a bit more but are good hiking sandals. My son has the Tevas and likes them pretty well.

My feet are completely unlike yours, but I do have some go to sandals for the parks.

I have wide feet, and a touch of plantar fasciitis in one foot (long term side effect of pregnancy????), but otherwise nice, soft, smooth well-cared for tootsies.

I tell everybody to wear sandals with good arch support in the parks. Some brands to consider - Vionic (the best), Aetrex, ABEO and Birkenstock. For the past year or so, I've been wearing Birkenstock Mayari sandals in the parks.

I second the Keens but also like my Chacos. Great SUPPORT but not cushy. YMMV.

Unfortunately with shoes, all feet are different, so it’s an expensive game of trial and error! I recommend Zappos for a huge selection and free returns! 😊

Feet differ so much. My BF loves Ecco. They don’t work for me. I love Keens. They don’t work for her. BTW, styles vary within a brand. Love the three strap Keens, not so much the four strap. Try them ahead of time! I also love Birkenstock (soft bed) but not for the parks. Cloudsteppers are great—not the best support but they work well. I also like Sketchers—a bit more support.

I love my Keen's and Teva's. Good support, styles to pick from, solid and last forever, etc. I suggest you pick something that has enough straps to be firmly attached. Wiggling contributes to blisters.

Oh, and many of them dry super fast if you get caught in the rain!

While I stick to sneakers/tennis shoes - my husband swears by his Keens. Keep in mind, they are super broken in.

Keens. I haven't had a stroller or scooter run over my foot yet (knock on wood), but if one did, I think I'd be glad that my toes were covered!

My feet were in terrible shape after each of our first couple of WDW trips. I discovered Keens and Tevas after that and haven't had a blister since.

I wore Sketchers Go-walks. I did switch off to sneakers for some of the day, as my feet get tired. But they held up decently otherwise and looked super cute with skirts :)

I like Sanuk yoga slings. The sandal part is soft cloth so you don't get blisters. If you have any foot issues though, they're not exactly supportive.

I also have narrow feet and tried so many sandals and finally found the ones that are the most comfortable for me. Naot Dorith's!!!! I have been rebuying them the last decade. I replace them not because they become less comfortable but because I won't wear shoes that look worn. We go to Disney between 2-4 times per year and they have been on every trip. Also, toured Europe multiple times in them and had no issues walking on cobblestone. They are so much better than sneakers in hot weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter