Sanaa lunch inquiry

MinnieMommyof2

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Our family of 4 will be visiting for the first time this fall. We have a lunch ADR at Sanaa after reading all the rave reviews about the window seating and views of the Savannah etc. I’ve looked over the menu and I just can’t find anything on the menu that sounds that appetizing. I will admit, I don’t always get excited about exotic foods, but was at least looking forward to the bread service but that’s about it. My DH will find something he loves and I’m sure the kids will as well. Do you think the view and the experience is worth it For those with a boring palette? Are there other areas around AKL that offer great views of the animals without having to dine there? I was considering just doing Y & Y or Flametree for lunch and still making the trip to AKL to see The animals and tour the resort but maybe there’s no other place that offers such a nice view. thanks for any input you can give.

We had lunch there a little over a month ago, and it was phenomenal. We had kids in tow from age 2-19. Yes, the cuisine is Indian inspired, but many of the offerings aren't over the top in that direction. I can see where the menu descriptions would suggest otherwise, but everyone at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meals. It's a can't miss IMO, and is one TS which holds its own alongside almost any Disney signature.

We had lunch there a little over a month ago, and it was phenomenal. We had kids in tow from age 2-19. Yes, the cuisine is Indian inspired, but many of the offerings aren't over the top in that direction. I can see where the menu descriptions would suggest otherwise, but everyone at the table thoroughly enjoyed their meals. It's a can't miss IMO, and is one TS which holds its own alongside almost any Disney signature.
I agree. We've eaten here 4 times and it's our favorite Non Sig. Last visit we went with friends, one of which is not the least bit of an adventurous eater. She got the Sanaa Burger minus the Goat Cheese and loved it. i think you should give it a try.

I love Sanaa but if you don't think you will enjoy your meal there are numerous places all around Jambo and Kidani, inside and outside, that offer viewing of the animals.

Sanaa is absolutely my favorite restaurant on property right now. Unfortunately, the menu that Disney posts on their website doesn't do a good job of explaining the items in plain-language.

While the sandwiches sound very foreign, they are really quite basic. For example, the tandoori chicken sandwich is an open faced chicken sandwich served on flat bread with some seasoned mayo. The "Potjie Inspired" entree is a little more adventurous. As others have said, if you don't think its something you will enjoy then certainly don't spend the money. There are tons of great viewing places to see the animals all around AKL.

Yes that’s exactly what it is- it’s the menu scaring me off haha. But I don’t want to miss anything that has such a large fan base. Thanks for all of the personal experiences. We will probably keep this and I’ll look back and be glad we didn’t skip it.

Yes, there's a viewing area off the lobbies of both Jambo and Kidani where you can view the savannah and animals. :)

Last edited:

I think the viewing areas around Jambo and Kidani are even better than Sanaa. You could always have QS lunch at The Mara (food court), then go check out the viewing areas. I've never stayed at AKL but have visited the resort. Very beautiful lobbies (both Jambo and Kidani).

Or skip AKL and ride Kilimanjaro Safari, where you will see lots of animals. There are plenty of opportunities to see a variety of animals at AK park.

I think the viewing areas around Jambo and Kidani are even better than Sanaa. You could always have QS lunch at The Mara (food court), then go check out the viewing areas. I've never stayed at AKL but have visited the resort. Very beautiful lobbies (both Jambo and Kidani).

Or skip AKL and ride Kilimanjaro Safari, where you will see lots of animals. There are plenty of opportunities to see a variety of animals at AK park.

We almost always stay at Kidani and have been to Jambo many times. We have also ridden the Safari at AK park many times and never see the amount of animals we do when at the lodge. Plus, it's more peaceful. To each their own though. :)

I would go for the bread service alone. It's that good! However you're not guaranteed a table by the window. After lunch you could always go to the viewing areas if you're not seated with a view of the Savannah.

I would go for the bread service alone. It's that good! However you're not guaranteed a table by the window. After lunch you could always go to the viewing areas if you're not seated with a view of the Savannah.

We were seated toward the back due to the size of our party, and we still had a nice view of the giraffes eating from the trees. :thumbsup2

Is there a method to increasing chances of sitting by a window? Or is it pretty much up to chance?

Is there a method to increasing chances of sitting by a window? Or is it pretty much up to chance?

Pretty much up to chance and what they have available, if you have the first lunch seating of the day and are one of the first to ask you may be increasing your odds a bit. I don't know if they allow people to wait for tables by the window as we have never requested it before.

Totally worth it - it's one of our favorites! The servers have always been super nice, too, so perhaps you could ask for mild spices or sauces on the side if you aren't as adventurous eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter