San Juan riots impact cruise itineraries

I had heard about RC cancelling a cruise. I didn't know DCL had any scheduled to go there this time of year. I thought just the Wonder went there, so figured it wouldn't impact anyone on DCL since the Wonder is still in Alaska. We cruised there in 2018, had a great time. Hope everything works out for you and the people who live there.

I think you may be rerouted, from what I saw on the news this morning.

My son and daughter in law were considering a long weekend there at the end of the month, they have changed their plans now to go to Orlando instead.
Thankfully he works for the airlines, so they didn't pay for their flight.

I had heard about RC cancelling a cruise. I didn't know DCL had any scheduled to go there this time of year. I thought just the Wonder went there, so figured it wouldn't impact anyone on DCL since the Wonder is still in Alaska. We cruised there in 2018, had a great time. Hope everything works out for you and the people who live there.

Actually the Fantasy and Magic do as well. I believe the Fantasy will be there soon.

I think you may be rerouted, from what I saw on the news this morning.

My son and daughter in law were considering a long weekend there at the end of the month, they have changed their plans now to go to Orlando instead.
Thankfully he works for the airlines, so they didn't pay for their flight.

Darn. :mad:
I hope not.
I was really LF to San Juan... I really hope things improve for the people there.

Well *#^%*! The Fantasy will be there soonish as part of the 11 day Southern Caribbean cruise that leaves in 8 days. We are planning on zip lining there as it's supposed to be fantastic. Feel badly for the people of Puerto Rico. They have gone through so much.

The Governor just needs to accept that he's been exposed for the jerk that he is and get out. PR is relying on tourism to help them continue to rebuild from Maria. The Governor is being selfish in a million ways. I'm not sure how long he'll refuse to go when you have that many people rioting for your resignation. Selfish people rarely do the right thing though so I guess we'll just need to wait and see. I'm on the11 day sailing as well. I just want Puerto Rico to continue to recover. It's been through enough!

Hmmmmm, cruises are skipping Puerto Rico (a US territory) over political protests yet continue to sail to Nassau everyday despite the crime rate against tourists.

I suppose that's because the danger in Nassau isn't full out rioting.

I guess it depends on your news source as to whether it's protests or rioting, Still my point stands if Puerto Rico is so dangerous right now (with zero tourist deaths, rapes or robberies from the protests/rioting) then so is Nasau with many documented incidents of violence against tourists.

I guess it depends on your news source as to whether it's protests or rioting, Still my point stands if Puerto Rico is so dangerous right now (with zero tourist deaths, rapes or robberies from the protests/rioting) then so is Nasau with many documented incidents of violence against tourists.
Maybe there’s zero incidents in Puerto Rico because the cruise ships are skipping the island during riots.

Maybe there’s zero incidents in Puerto Rico because the cruise ships are skipping the island during riots.

there's only been 2 (two) ships that skipped San Juan due to protests, as of midday today. I've been following it closely as I really hope DCL does cancel/skip that POC on our upcoming cruise.
As @cdoc29 correctly points out, there's been zero, or very few grave incidents against tourists in PR recently.
Not the case for Nassau or other destinations (Jamaica, Mexico) where its way more unsafe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter