San Juan Capistrano

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
We will be in Anaheim from June 2-June 14. We are planning a day trip somewhere on Sunday June 9. Currently we are thinking about San Juan Capistrano.

Tentative plans:
Renting a Rivian through Turo for the day
Going to a mission
Lunch at either Javier’s or Beachcombers
Dinner at an In-n-Out on the way back

On previous trips, we have gone to Hollywood and Griffith Observatory, so we are thinking about doing something different this time. I feel like it would be a much better drive to go to San Juan Capistrano and I would like to see one of the missions. Any other suggestions or recommendations or advice?

Thanks!

A few years ago my husband and I did a day trip to the Mission, it is pretty and interesting. We did lunch at In-n-Out and then went to a beach. We went back to Disneyland for the night but dinner somewhere near a beach would have been nice too.

A few years ago my husband and I did a day trip to the Mission, it is pretty and interesting. We did lunch at In-n-Out and then went to a beach. We went back to Disneyland for the night but dinner somewhere near a beach would have been nice too.
Thank you!!

San Clemente is near by as well. Note you must make reservations at Beachcombers well in advance, or be prepared to wait. Crystal Cove is worth it!

San Clemente is near by as well. Note you must make reservations at Beachcombers well in advance, or be prepared to wait. Crystal Cove is worth it!
Thanks! I haven’t heard of San Clemente before, but will look into it. And thanks for the heads up about needing to make reservations at Beachcombers!

San Juan Capistrano is an easy drive from Anaheim and the mission is beautiful. I would make reservations for sure since it's a Sunday brunch in June. Beachcomber and Javier's (Newport I assume) are really different atmospheres but both great. After lunch stop by the beach or you could even rent a Duffy boat and cruise the harbor in Newport. For fast food Crystal Cove Shake Shack is also amazing.

Our favorite restaurant in SJC is Heritage BBQ. It is across the street from the mission. Read the FAQ on the website. Have one person from your party get in line an hour before you want to eat.

1713230631378.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter