San Francisco

I am also looking for some info on San Francisco . . . has anyone stayed at the Hotel Adagio on Geary St. Trip Advisor gives it mixed reviews and I am interested in other first hand accounts.
Thanks.

Please please PLEASE, for the love of all things Disney, do not eat at chain restaurants in San Francisco! There are so many amazing places to eat!

In Union Square, on Powell street just past Gery there are some amazing hole in the wall restaurants. There is an Italian restaurant that is to die for. A tiny bakery with fruit tarts that are out of this world! North Beach has some great coffee places. Chinatown, Japantown all have amazing food. Get your clam chowder and crab sandwich from a walk up stand at the Warf. Explore what is around! Save the chain restaurants for home or other locals that don't have such amazing choices!

I could not agree more! Besides all the places that others have listed, there are all the places on Pier 39 and then if you are willing to travel a little there are also places in the East Bay that are good...

A nice Italian in Fishermans Wharf is Cafe Pescatore at the Tuscan Inn, we had a great meal there in 2006.

Claire ;)

Another vote for Cafe Pescatore. Very nice. Best spaghetti bolognese I've had. Nice wine list too. Although it looks formal, there were large families with young ones in there too and they were comfy.

I noticed in the bargain bites link, they recommend Out the Door... it is in the "food court" of the Westfield centre at 5th and Mission. It is the more casual version of Slanted Door, one of SF's best restaurants. You can sit down or take out. If you want a taste of something interesting in SF on a budget (well not as cheap as In-n-Out of course), I suggest you try it! It is so yummy!

The food court there has lots of other good food, not your typical mall fair. If you're not going to adventure out into the great restaurants we have here in SF (which I would suggest you do!), this is a decent option. Just please at least, I second WatchinCaptKangaroo, don't eat at TGIFriday's or McD's!! There is way too much great food here for that! :) My mouth is watering from looking over the Top 100!

Enjoy!

Just please at least, I second WatchinCaptKangaroo, don't eat at TGIFriday's or McD's!! There is way too much great food here for that! :) My mouth is watering from looking over the Top 100!

Enjoy!

NO That we will not do!:sad2: Even though we will be on a budget I will not eat chain that I can get when I am at home! Thanks for all of the help!

If you plan on riding the cable cars, understand it costs $5 a ride. You can get an all day pass for $11 which allows you to ride the cable cars, F-line trolley, and Muni busses. A 3 day pass goes for $18. Have fun.

There are places that you can rent bicycles and do bicycle tours. And one of my favorite places to visit which is Fort Point underneath the Golden Gate bridge. A nice view of the bay and a museum to visit and the bridge to see. You could also come to Fairfield to visit the Jelly Belly plant and Anheiser-Busch.

Michele
:hippie:

I could not agree more! Besides all the places that others have listed, there are all the places on Pier 39 and then if you are willing to travel a little there are also places in the East Bay that are good...

Yep! My exception to that is chains that don't exist where you live. Some are not nationwide and I have fond memories of Waffle Hut from my trip through the South last summer. No such critter out here in California! :)

As for non-chains... If you come to San Francisco and don't eat at Tommy's Joynt you might as well not eat at all.

1101 Geary at the corner of Van Ness. Enjoy the buffalo and don't miss the pickle barrel. :)

There are places that you can rent bicycles and do bicycle tours. And one of my favorite places to visit which is Fort Point underneath the Golden Gate bridge. A nice view of the bay and a museum to visit and the bridge to see. You could also come to Fairfield to visit the Jelly Belly plant and Anheiser-Busch.

Michele

And SePay Groves for the olive oil tasting! Right around the corner from JB.

And SePay Groves for the olive oil tasting! Right around the corner from JB.

I love SePay Groves. I buy all my olive oil there. They have the infused oils. I love their lime oil and their orange oil. They all sell great dill pickles.

Michele

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter