• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Francisco budget hotel with fridge

tinker-belle

Mouseketeer
Hi. I've never been to San Francisco & hope to travel there in July. Anyone have any budget recommendations where they also provide a fridge (we need one for medical purposes), that is also in a good location?

I know Seal Rock Inn doesn't have a/c- how is San Francisco weather in July?

Thank you so much!

Most places in SF do not have A/C - well I guess hotels may, but no houses do. Mine doesn't! :)

Seal Rock Inn is out by the beach in the foggiest, chilliest part of the city (especially in July - it is generally chilly in all parts of the city in July). We live out that way also and if anything, we need the heater in the summer! Weird, I know, but that's how it is.

Make sure to bring layers - there is always a chance we will get a little "heat" wave, but more likely, you will want to be wearing a fleece, at least for part of the day. It just depends on the weather and what part of the city you in.

Keep in mind if you travel out of the city, like to wine country for example, it will be hot up there. One year we went camping in July about 2 hours north and it was 102 degrees when we left up there - crossing the bridge coming home it was 63.

Anyway, bottom line, I would be shocked if you need AC any time in SF. :)
Kim

We visited SF in Sept 2012 and had to make it a super-budget trip. (Only 2 weeks after our Alaskan cruise but I had to cancel a trip to Houston earlier that summer due to tropical storms and didn't want all those SWA credits to go to waste!) So we had a long weekend and tight budget. All the nice SF hotels in desirable areas were like $300 + tax + another $40-50/nt parking.:eek:

We had a Friday night flight after school with midnight local time (felt like 3am our time!) arrival so I started looking at airport hotels. We finally settled on the Embassy Suites with SFO shuttle in South San Francisco. No need for a car because on Fridays & Saturdays, they offer a free shuttle to the waterfront. So while I wouldn't call it a great location, we didn't need to navigate driving in the city at all. It was easy to take the airport shuttle back to SFO to pick up our rental car & drive to Yosemite.

http://embassysuites3.hilton.com/en...irport-south-san-francisco-SFOSOES/index.html

Wow, I just picked a random weekend in July and can't believe how much more it costs! It was around $170/nt AAA rate when we stayed there. I guess Sept is off-peak.

I was horsing around with some dates for July also. The week of the 10th was crazy expensive for some reason but the week after was better. Something must be going on that week?

Anyone have experience with Best Western Americania or Comfort Inn by the Bay?

I was horsing around with some dates for July also. The week of the 10th was crazy expensive for some reason but the week after was better. Something must be going on that week?

Anyone have experience with Best Western Americania or Comfort Inn by the Bay?

Just a tip, when traveling to cities you can always find out the events for the city to know how busy it may be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter