San Diego resorts- willing to spend$$$

nonzerosum

DIS Veteran
I'm looking for recommendations for an upmarket/luxury family friendly San Diego resort/hotel. Any help is greatly appreciated.

WOW!!! Thanks for the recommendation. I'm thinking I will book this ASAP. Thanks again. It reminds me of a combo of the Grand Floridian and Beach/Yacht Club in WDW. Beautiful!

I believe that the Grand Floridian exterior is based off of the Hotel del Coronado.

We didn't stay at the Coronado, we were across the water at the Hyatt Grand, but we did go out there. It was beautiful!! I have heard nothing but great reports about the place.

San Diego is beautiful and there are so many things to do. We enjoyed the Gas Light District and walking around Seaport Village. We also did the aircraft carrier tour, name escapes me, and the Duck tour, it's a vehicle that runs on water and land and the boy really enjoyed that a lot!

Of course the zoo, plus the beautiful park and museums all around it, and Wild Animal Park.

We've been a few times and have never been bored!

Have a great trip!

Hotel Del is the place. My kids call it their favorite vacation ever.

I also checked out another KSL resort (they own 5 including The Del), La Costa in Carlsbad. It also looks really beautiful and very family friendly. We may stay there for 2 days and do Legoland, then onto The Del. It seems that the drive from The Del to Legoland isn't too bad, but thought La Costa would be even more convenient.

We stay at the Pacific Terrace on Pacific beach and have always been very happy with the resort.

Hotel Del Coronado and La Costa are both great resorts. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter