San Diego in April

lulu0506

Mouseketeer
Help! Just booked a San Diego trip for mid April. Two questions... what can I expect in terms of weather? Warm in the day and cold at night?? Also, we plan to do LegoLand and SD Zoo etc.... What can I expect with crowds? We are from Northeast where it is spring break for the school kids. Is it the same in California? We are going April 14-20. Thank you all!!! :):)

Hello,

I just came across this board looking for discount tickets to the Wild Animal Park. I live about 10 mins from Legoland. My kids are on spring break April 5-9 but it can vary with different districts. I don't think Legoland is ever as crowded as Disney. Our friends told us the other night that the way they run the rides are frustrating and time consuming at Legoland. My youngest is 2 and I plan on buying a season pass soon to Legoland. We visit Sea World a few times a month during the day and I have held off on Legoland.

As far as the weather you can expect it to be warm during the day and cooler in the evening. 70s - 80s during the day. It does not get as cool in the evenings as it does inland due to the coast. This is supposed to be our coldest month right now and it has been in the mid to high 70s all week!

Weather in April varies - you can have highs in the 60s during the day or highs in the 80s! Typically I'd expect upper 60's-mid-70s during the day, and high 50's-low 60's at night. But nights tend to SEEM quite cool because of the humidity, especially if you're close to the coast, so be prepared.

Most So Cal schools will be on spring break from March 27-April 4 (the week before Easter), so I think you've picked a good time.

Thank you for your responses! So looking forward to April -- here in the Northeast it is cold cold cold!!!! Can't wait to see the sun again:cool1:

I've never had a crowd problem at the zoo - although you want to get to the shows a good 15-30 minutes in advance, and the pandas always have a line. The bus tour does get a line, but I recommend it - lots of hills at the zoo, and with the bus you can hop on and off after you take the initial tour around ( 5 stops ). So get there early before the crowds and then take advantage of that bus! It's a GREAT zoo.

Legoland as the previous poster said doesn't get that crowded but the lines are really slow - the rides don't have much capacity and they're slow to change out. They do have an area where kids can play with legos while the parents are in line ( or 1 parent ) on some of the really popular ones at least. As usual, get there early to beat the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter