San Diego for Christmas?

katmigordon

DIS Veteran
We're going to be in San Diego on the 21/22 right before our cruise, and are looking for something fun to do in the area - even better if it's Christmas related. We do both have mobility issues, but anyplace we can both rent ECVs should be fine.
Any advice? Also, we're looking for great seafood, preferably with great views - going to be traveling by lyft.

There are only a few places I can think of that have onsite ECV rentals.

• Balboa Park
  • Sea World
  • SD Zoo
  • SD Safari Park
San Diego Zoo does something called Jungle Bells with live entertainment. Not much of a view or seafood. Hotel Del Coronado has a nice Christmas Tree and restaurant with a view but no ECV rentals. There are usually some Christmas themed harbor cruises around that time as well.

We're going to be in San Diego on the 21/22 right before our cruise, and are looking for something fun to do in the area - even better if it's Christmas related. We do both have mobility issues, but anyplace we can both rent ECVs should be fine.
Any advice? Also, we're looking for great seafood, preferably with great views - going to be traveling by lyft.

We’re going to be in San Diego a bit earlier in December and I’ve also been looking for “must do” holiday events. Our family includes a 7 and 11 year old, and we may have my 4 year old nephew with us at times, so our preferred activities may be different than yours!

We’re definitely planning to check out the zoo, including all the Jungle Bells festivities. The evening light show looks interesting.

We’re also considering the Lightscape installation at the botanic garden but it does note that there could be accessibility challenges. They ask folks to contact them in advance. https://sdbg.org/lightscape/

Still working my way through Google results to see if anything else looks worth checking out.

Hotel Del Coronado does a lot of awesome Christmas events. Polar Bear Santa Tea and ice skating on the beach. I would skip staying there and just do the events. I've heard from multiple people it's not worth it and they preferred other resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter