San Angel Inn Restaurante

huckabear

Mouseketeer
We are starting to plan our June 2015 trip and because our kids will be older we are really trying to plan it around things that they are interested in to keep them interested....especially my oldest! One of the things she was enchanted by when we visited in 2012 was the inside of the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot. And when I told her there was a restaurant we could eat at that the ride went through she got so excited: San Angel Inn Restaurante

However, when I look at the menu I'm a little skeptical going with 3 kids. Is there a children's menu for my younger child and is it more typical Mexican fare? DH and I will be fine - we love Mexican but just trying to get a handle on what the food is really like.

Yes there is a kids menu. The options are cheese quesadilla , chicken soft tacos, steak soft tacos and chicken fingers I believe. All come with veggie and mexican rice. For dessert is either churros or dulce de leche ice cream. Standard kid drinks of milk, water or apple juice.

Check out MDE or allears.net for menus

We haven't eaten there in years and years because the menu isn't that great and nobody really raves about it, but I made a lunch ressie for our next trip to just have some apps and dessert because darn it, it just feels so relaxing in there ;)

We LOVE it there and it's one of our faves, we try to eat there every trip. We always get the Mole Poblano which is the best we've had anywhere. We always ask for a table by the water and we wait for it.

I think a lot of people expect it to be more Tex Mex like and are looking for cheese sauce etc...and that is why there are a lot of negative reviews.

It is traditional Mexican food, not Tex Mex.

We've always had great service and yummy drinks.

We LOVE it there and it's one of our faves, we try to eat there every trip. We always get the Mole Poblano which is the best we've had anywhere. We always ask for a table by the water and we wait for it.

I think a lot of people expect it to be more Tex Mex like and are looking for cheese sauce etc...and that is why there are a lot of negative reviews.

It is traditional Mexican food, not Tex Mex.

We've always had great service and yummy drinks.
:thumbsup2

We love! the Mole Poblano The kids menu, the ride, plus the incredible, unmatched atmosphere makes it so much fun. We can't even begin to think of going to DW without including San Angel Inn.

:goodvibes

We LOVE it there and it's one of our faves, we try to eat there every trip. We always get the Mole Poblano which is the best we've had anywhere. We always ask for a table by the water and we wait for it. I think a lot of people expect it to be more Tex Mex like and are looking for cheese sauce etc...and that is why there are a lot of negative reviews. It is traditional Mexican food, not Tex Mex. We've always had great service and yummy drinks.

Same with us ...honestly never had a bad meal there. It's not the best I ever had, but it never seemed as bad as the negativity associated with it.

San Angel Inn was the best meal last trip even better than a Signature restaurant that we had eaten at. After that I wished that we could have eaten there twice instead of using 2 dining credits for a Signature. It is Authentic Mexican food not Tex-Mex that most Americans are used to.

We love it there! The carne asada at dinner is delicious!

I'm not eating there on my upcoming trip because DH is staying home and my father won't go near Mexican food (he's very picky). My mom has always wanted to try it, but she won't separate from my father. Huge bummer!

We just ate here for the first time last week, the kids picked the restaurant as they love the look inside. I was super worried as I have not read anything good... However it was one of the best meals of our trip. Really relaxing and everything we ordered was good.

We are trying it for the first time next month. When I was a kid I think I, like your daughter, thought it was the coolest restaurant I'd ever seen. My dad wouldn't splurge for table service but for some reason my adult self has yet to visit. Then I read they serve the margaritas from la cava and now my childhood fantasy will come true.

We are starting to plan our June 2015 trip and because our kids will be older we are really trying to plan it around things that they are interested in to keep them interested....especially my oldest! One of the things she was enchanted by when we visited in 2012 was the inside of the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot. And when I told her there was a restaurant we could eat at that the ride went through she got so excited: San Angel Inn Restaurante

However, when I look at the menu I'm a little skeptical going with 3 kids. Is there a children's menu for my younger child and is it more typical Mexican fare? DH and I will be fine - we love Mexican but just trying to get a handle on what the food is really like.

we went here with a group of 17, with people of ALL ages and some very finicky kids and everyone had a great time. can't be the atmosphere here too... ( well maybe Biergarten for atmosphere might be just a "tad" more fun )

This is all wonderful to read, thank you! Hoping to get a reservation there the first day of our trip! :)

San Angel Inn is something of a hidden gem these days... Between maybe 2005 and the refurb that happened in and around Mexico in 2011, the food was inedible. And I don't use that phrase lightly. It was a favorite of ours in the 90s, but in 2007/2008 when we went, it was disgusting. We begrudgingly went back in 2011 after hearing spotty reports of it being fantastic (mixed in with all of the "we'll never go there again" reviews from before 2011). We were happy to find that not only was it fantastic, it was the best meal of the trip. It was, and still is, our favorite place to eat.

I reviewed it with lots of food pictures in case you want to check it out.

I will say, I do hear people complain occasionally that there is not a great selection for the kids. That all depends on perspective, I guess. Grilled chicken, chicken or steak soft-tacos, grilled fish... I don't know, it seems pretty approachable to me, but kids who only eat chicken fingers (which aren't there for kids menu anymore, but even then, they were baked and I think breadless), pizza, sandwiches, and hot dogs are going to be disappointed. This places serves Mexico-Mexican, not Taco Bell Mexican. Crunchy beef tacos and nachos do not reside here. :lmao:

We love it and we visit every single trip, usually as a lunch as we save signatures for dinner later in the evening on the DxDP.

The atmosphere is unique, it's definitely relaxing and cooling during the hot months. In the summer, this is our favorite place as it's dark, cool and they have great margaritas. Even if there's a wait, we'll pop into La Cava de Tequila in the front and grab margaritas there while waiting. The food is excellent traditional mexican faire, a lot of the 'tex mex' fans don't like it because of that reason, but if you like Mexican food, it's awesome.

I made reservations here last year because of the atmosphere - inside with the temple and water ride; then I looked at the menu and reviews and got really worried. I went back and forth about whether to keep the reservation or change it. I too was mostly worried about the kids (7 year old and 12 year old - both pretty fussy about food). I was looking to change the ADR right up until the day before but we were on the deluxe dining plan and my husband convinced me to just leave it and if it was that bad we could just grab some quick serve food after. Well, it was one of our favorite dining experiences of the trip! So very glad that we went - the kids loved it and we were all eating off each others plates trying the food. It is really worth trying, even with kids!

We ate there last October and loved it. The carne asada was the best steak I had all week and the service was great. We got to sit right by the railing and the kids enjoyed waving to everyone passing by in the boats.

Me and my DisFam been hitting spot for the past 5 yrs and have always had a great meal and experience. We even did it as our CP dinner so basically had everything on the menu and even had EZ Josh as a dinner guest... which totally makes this one of my favorite places in WDW. I highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter