Sam's Club tickets

crystal1313

DIS Veteran
Hello, going in a couple weeks and was planning on buying tickets from Sam's Club. Has anyone done this recently?

Initially it says that the e-ticket will be delivered between 24-48 hours-which is not an issue at all. Then in other fine print it mentions a voucher. I thought a voucher means you have to go to a ticket booth and an e-ticket means you can just go to the turnstile. I would prefer to skip dealing with the ticket windows.

If anyone has done this recently, can you give me some insight? Thanks! :goodvibes

Another point is MP -- if you know you will be purchasing MP for all your park days, UT sells discounted tickets with MP. Other authorized discount vendors don't.
Hmmm...Sam's gives the option for tickets without MP and tickets with MP. We are debating adding MP if the parks are slammed on the day of instead of pre-purchasing.

I haven’t bought from Sam’s Club but one thing to check is to see if they charge tax. There should not be any tax for tickets to Disneyland and many of the discounted tickets mentioned in this board like Undercover Tourist or Get Away Today do not charge tax.
OMG. I just looked and you are RIGHT! They charge tax.....ugh. That is really disappointing. Thank you for the heads up!

Hmmm...Sam's gives the option for tickets without MP and tickets with MP. We are debating adding MP if the parks are slammed on the day of instead of pre-purchasing.

OMG. I just looked and you are RIGHT! They charge tax.....ugh. That is really disappointing. Thank you for the heads up!
That's interesting that other vendors are now offering MP -- hopefully all of the authorized discount vendors will be doing this soon. And, yes, the tax issue is a big complaint about Sam's Club tickets. WDW people don't mind because they're used to being taxed on their tickets. But don't let anyone tax you on DLR tickets. Theme park tickets in CA are not taxed. (Exception to this: Premier AP is taxed on the WDW half of the pass, even if you purchase the pass in CA.)

Last edited:

Almost got caught in that trap with TicketsAtWork.com. With the taxes plus magical fees, it ate up any discount it had on other resellers.
TicketsAtWork concerns me -- posters here report having no trouble with them, and I believe it. But the tax thing bugs me and their affiliate WorkingAdvantage sells used tickets that get stopped at the gate. Not magical at all.

TicketsAtWork concerns me -- posters here report having no trouble with them, and I believe it. But the tax thing bugs me and their affiliate WorkingAdvantage sells used tickets that get stopped at the gate. Not magical at all.

Agreed. I have bought Universal, Sea World and Disneyland tickets without problems in the past but didn’t realize I was getting ripped off on fees and taxes. It reminds me of Ticketmaster.

We almost bought Sams tickets, but then found out the they charge tax. Have you checked target, they carry up to a 3 day park hopper. Target doesn't charge tax. We got ours from target and they are "e tickets". Target does not have the max pass option but was the best deal out there with a coupon and redcard.

I can't find the thread where someone was talking about buying their tickets at Sam's Club. Does anyone know the price on DLR tickets bought there? They have a Groupon right now for membership and if the tickets are less than Undercover Tourist I'll grab a membership and buy tickets there instead.

I don't know about specific prices, but I believe it was discussed in that thread that Sam's Club was charging tax on tickets (which they shouldn't), which cancelled out any savings. I would not buy a membership with purpose of saving on tickets.

I don't know about specific prices, but I believe it was discussed in that thread that Sam's Club was charging tax on tickets (which they shouldn't), which cancelled out any savings. I would not buy a membership with purpose of saving on tickets.

Thank you for that. I'll stick with UT then. Seems like the best deal.

Ugh. I'm just starting to shop for tix for a May 2020 trip, and just saw this. Over $30 in taxes and fees per ticket (5 day PH/MP) from Tickets at Work! Jerks!!

Right now, Sam's Club and TicketsatWork/WorkingAdvantage are the vendors to beware of. It's just not worth the taxes and fees that eat up any discount. There are plenty of other authorized discount vendors that don't charge tax or the fees, and DISers give great reviews to those vendors: UT, Getawaytoday, aRes, LMTC (currently redoing their website, but tickets available by phone), Costco (packages), Target (w/red card), any deals offered on Mousesavers.com, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter