• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Same day ticket

CouponGirl

DIS Veteran
After park hopping is allowed at 2pm, is it possible to purchase a ticket for a “sold out” (via park reservations) park? Has anyone attempted this before?

After park hopping is allowed at 2pm, is it possible to purchase a ticket for a “sold out” (via park reservations) park? Has anyone attempted this before?
Tickets are not specific to a park -- but you must have a valid ticket to make a theme park reservation.

I think what you are asking is can you "hop" after 2pm without going to a different park first. The answer is no. You must have a park reservation at 1 of the 4 theme parks, and tap in at that park, before you may hop and enter another park (without a reservation). If your "after-2pm" park does not have availability for a reservation, you should make a reservation at a different park and tap in there first.

But keep checking the theme park reservation availability -- and actually try to make the reservation -- because people change plans all the time. You may get lucky and be able to grab the park reservation you want.

Than
Tickets are not specific to a park -- but you must have a valid ticket to make a theme park reservation.

I think what you are asking is can you "hop" after 2pm without going to a different park first. The answer is no. You must have a park reservation at 1 of the 4 theme parks, and tap in at that park, before you may hop and enter another park (without a reservation). If your "after-2pm" park does not have availability for a reservation, you should make a reservation at a different park and tap in there first.

But keep checking the theme park reservation availability -- and actually try to make the reservation -- because people change plans all the time. You may get lucky and be able to grab the park reservation you want.
Thanks for the reply. I probably made my question confusing because of mentioning park hopping. I brought that up only because I wondered if once hopping is allowed if then it’s then considered that all parks are open for reservations. We arrive in the afternoon our first day and I wondered if it would be possible to access a park that currently has no reservation availability to be able to meet up with some family that arrives a day earlier. To do so we would be adding a day to non hopper tickets. I don’t want to add the day if it won’t be a possibility (to add a park reservation) as we can do non park things that afternoon, but thought it would be worthwhile to see if it would even be an option to join them.

I will continue to check park availability!

I wondered if once hopping is allowed if then it’s then considered that all parks are open for reservations. We arrive in the afternoon our first day and I wondered if it would be possible to access a park that currently has no reservation availability
Ah, ok. No, reservations are still required for the 1st park of the day regardless of what time you enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter