Sally - DS is very much looking forward to mini-golf

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Didnt realize how much he's looking forward to playing your mini-golf until we were driving to the aquarium today. He's seen pics from someone's trip report, knows you have iguanas.

Just to forewarn you... Sally's golf is just fantastic.. we loved it, she was a doll and her dog was so cool BUT.. don't think you will see major iguanas on the course. There are MANY TINY newt -sized lizards that scurry about , we took pictures of some but they topped out at three inches including the tail.(and that is a generous estimate, DS said they were about two inches) The banana trees are awesome but if you are setting yourself up to see galopoguous island type of green iguanas you will be sorely dissapointed! The golf course itself is beautiful and well worth the trip, their hospitality is great but don't think you are headed off to the iguana zoo!

thanks for the heads-up
DS just said "well they still got lizards". He remembers the little ones at the Wilderness Lodge when we were there Oct 01.
Honestly there was a rather large one on someone's trip report.

there may be large ones but I have several photos I could email you of the course (it is beautiful) and the lizards we saw in December and honestly the biggest we saw was maybe the size of a salamander here in MA. Don't let that sway you though it is a really neat place that I would definately go to again, the sangreia ( I had never tried that before) is tasty and Sally is so nice!

The golf course is wonderful - we had a great time on our 15-Mar cruise. Your DS will enjoy it even if there aren't any cold-blooded reptiles around.

I'll have you know that "T-Rex", our granddaddy iguana, is quite miffed by this thread. If the skies are overcast, the iguanas generally don't come out, but on a hot sunny day... well, hang on, let me check the waterfall....

Okay, I'm back. I really did go outside to check. Rex is out, even though we have partly cloudy skies. He measures a good 3 feet. Three of his buddy iguanas are also enjoying the waterfall, each measuring 2 feet in length. Granted the waterfall is their favorite hangout, but there are plenty more on the course.

For those of you that would rather NOT see an iguana, they are very shy and will not allow you to approach without scurrying off. The iguanas we have are grey, not the vibrant green or golden you may see elsewhere. I'll have to look for a photo and upload it.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

On our 3/15 cruise we must have been lucky enough to see all of Sally's iguana's. We only saw a couple of tiny ones. The rest were rather large. We are from Iowa and don't see many iguanas in these here parts. We had one about a foot long sit right in the middle of the hole we were playing. When we were at the water fall there were three big ones sunning on the rocks. We have a picture of 2 of the larger ones. One of them had to of been T-Rex. It was very warm and sunny that day. Since we don't see iguana's on a daily basis we thought it was really neat to see them on the course. There were also many others running around.
By the way today I have on my lime green Cozumel putting course t-shirt on. I love it.

Originally posted by Coz_Minigolf_Sally
I'll have you know that "T-Rex", our granddaddy iguana, is quite miffed by this thread. If the skies are overcast, the iguanas generally don't come out, but on a hot sunny day...
Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

That would expain it, it was very overcast when we were at the mini golf, even sprinkled on us for a while.

ummm Sally - I just showed this thread to Jonathan and he said "ask Sally - Do they bite, do they have teeth?"

They MIGHT have teeth. I've never been able to get close enough to see any! I've reviewed our digital photos, nothing! I have a paper photo that I can scan sometime this week.

Minigolf Sally
Cozumel Putting Course

According to what I've read at http://www.iguana-news.com they are herbivores/folivores but I didn't find anything on teeth.

While they can be domesticated, I'd suggest that as with any wild animal you should probably avoid putting your finger in its mouth (unlikely that you could get close enough, but still) or creating a situation where the animal may feel threatend to the point of having to defend itself.

Sally's friends are quite used to humans being around, but still I don't think I'd go out of my way to try and get close to them if they don't want you to get close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter