• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sailing out of Miami....

JimB.

DIS Veteran
We will be sailing out of Port of Miami in a few weeks. Due to our ‘relative’ closeness to the Port (we live in Celebration), we are going to rent a car, drive down and drop it off to the absolute closest port to the port and Uber/lyft to the ships.

Has anyone else had experience with this? And are there any pitfalls or land mines that could surprise us with this plan? Or other plans that could work better? All input is appreciated.

Thanks!

We will be sailing out of Port of Miami in a few weeks. Due to our ‘relative’ closeness to the Port (we live in Celebration), we are going to rent a car, drive down and drop it off to the absolute closest port to the port and Uber/lyft to the ships.

Has anyone else had experience with this? And are there any pitfalls or land mines that could surprise us with this plan? Or other plans that could work better? All input is appreciated.

Thanks!

What I did last year was I booked a stay at the La Quinta next to the aiport. They offered a free shuttle to the port and you pay for the return (it wasn't very expensive). The hotel lets you park for free

For what it's worth, we did a one-way car rental on one of our cruises from Miami, because we flew to Ft. Lauderdale airport. We had a rental car for a couple of days to see the Everglades, then I believe we parked at the Holiday Inn near the port the night before, and took the car to the rental car station that is about 3-5 blocks away that morning and walked back to the hotel. Then took Lyft to the port to board the Magic.
I think we used Avis, which Google is telling me is 0.6 miles to the hotel.

So, I've done the opposite of this two years in a row for the San Juan to Miami Sailing on the magic. We flew into San Juan and then Cruised back to Miami. From the port we took an uber/lyft and got the rental car at MIA to drive back to Orlando. It was a very easy process. Miami International is about 15 minutes from the port. I can only assume it would be simple for you going the opposite way. The ride from the port was about 10 bucks if I remember correctly.

This is a good option to avoid having to pay for the high parking charges at PortMiami. Our Rental was about 60 bucks for an SUV.

Hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter