Safest Orlando Areas for Longer Rentals

Check out the UCF area. It's the second (or maybe first by now) largest university by student enrollment and it's on the other side of Orlando. While there are lots of student-specific housing options, I know there are a lot of houses and apartments in family communities that are rented out to students. But now with Covid, who knows how quickly those rentals are going. I know UCF opened back up, but if it's anything like UNC-Chapel Hill, who knows how long they will remain open. Also not sure about the short term rental laws, but it might be worth checking out.

I went to UCF and always enjoyed that area. It's about 45 minutes away from the parks, but it's still an not terrible drive over there (I did it nearly daily for work). There are rarely any tourists that venture over to that side of town and all the hotels are usually occupied by families of students or professionals in town for work. I really don't know what activities are happening in Orlando these days, but at the very least you'll find open grocery stores, restaurants for take out, some open air shopping areas to walk around, and plenty of parks and natural areas. One thing I always liked about the Central Florida area is just that there is a lot of open space and nature, which I'm craving now living in a congested city during this pandemic. Just to sit outside with a book is a luxury.

The town just north of the UCF campus is Oviedo which is a nice, quiet town. Other areas I would recommend are Winter Park and Maitland.

Try calling real estate agents in Celebration. i think they have 30 day minimum rentals in some of their lodging, like studios over 2 car garages. i think real estate agents also have other long term rentals for lease to businesses. These may be cheaper than renting a place that usually has a nightly rate.

i absolutely love the community of Winter Park. It is a beautiful college town just north of Orlando with many gardens, museums and good restaurants nearby. If Rollins College is going to be online only (I don’t know), there may be long term rentals available cheap.

I just saw a nicely furnished 3 bedroom two bath condo downtown Celebration for $1,850/month on apartments.com.

Unless you want Covid, avoid Celebration. We popped in there last week to check out the area and take a walk around the downtown and not a soul wearing a mask. Restaurants packed to the gills. I haven't felt so unsafe like I did there. Literally turned to Dh and said "we have to get out of here." ...everywhere we went in Kissimmee had near 100% mask compliance. Apparently the people of Celebration think the pandemic isn't happening.

I guess you could argue that the Orlando area in general is probably not the safest place to be during a pandemic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter