Safe Passage Rejected Documents

I am currently in the same situation with myself and husband. We both got them together. The sticker for the second dose is covering the lot number of the first one and the month of the second dose date. The back of the card has the return appointment date that matches the rest of the displayed date. I am freaking out because the site was a pop up location for vaccine and out department of health stated it can take 10 to 12 days to send to us. I am super stressed. I have shown this card to multiple other places that "required" vaccine cards to be presented and never told anything about lot numbers being fully visible.
If you can see the lot number well enough to know what it is, (or my husband and I got emails right after the shots, with lot numbers included) - try to write them in and resend. I’ve seen 1 person say SP won’t take the card a 2nd time after they reject it, but also seen one and we were able to too, where they DID accept it a 2nd time). Or if you are lucky like me to be close to your county board of health, try going directly there and explaining the situation. Mine didn’t give a turn around time on the request, but when I went in, they printed it out for me while I was there.

I'm so happy for you! I was >< stressed for you by proxy. I hope you have an amazing cruise now that you got that all taken care of.
He and I are approved, still need my kids approved. I’m guessing in the first couple of hours they are open, to have approval or rejection. I uploaded around 9am EST, and it seems to be taking 10-12 business hours for a result. I was hoping to have it by last night, but no go. Lol.

He and I are approved, still need my kids approved. I’m guessing in the first couple of hours they are open, to have approval or rejection. I uploaded around 9am EST, and it seems to be taking 10-12 business hours for a result. I was hoping to have it by last night, but no go.
For anyone following my SP saga…they DID accept the 2nd submission of my husband’s vax card. I wrote his lot numbers on it and resent it. He just got the clear to arrive. Now just waiting on the kids’ that we’re done around 9:00 this morning. It seems to be taking about 10 hours to process and approve or reject, so I’m hopeful that by the end of business (8pm), they will be good to go too, since it will have been 11 hours by then.
WE ARE ALL CLEAR TO SAIL!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUE SUPPORT AND TALKING ME DIWN FEOM THE LEDGE! 🤣🤣🤣

If you can see the lot number well enough to know what it is, (or my husband and I got emails right after the shots, with lot numbers included) - try to write them in and resend. I’ve seen 1 person say SP won’t take the card a 2nd time after they reject it, but also seen one and we were able to too, where they DID accept it a 2nd time). Or if you are lucky like me to be close to your county board of health, try going directly there and explaining the situation. Mine didn’t give a turn around time on the request, but when I went in, they printed it out for me while I was there.
It worked. I am approved going to have to do the same for my husband as his is also not visble by the sticker 😑

Why does having the lot number matter? We sailed last December and our cards don't even have a spot for a lot number and were accepted without an issue.

Why does having the lot number matter? We sailed last December and our cards don't even have a spot for a lot number and were accepted without an issue.

It’s odd for sure all the issues now.

But DCL needs to drop the theater.
Carnival just announced no more testing or anything for 15 night cruises or less . Vax or not.

RCI I expect to drop within week what little is left. Hopefully DCL is within a couple weeks also.

NCL dropped everything over a month ago and haven’t heard any major news or issues since.

It seems to be a very recent development since testing was dropped completely for vaccinated. Presumably to weed out fake cards, are there really that many fakers out there? DCL hasn't actually made any information available and still doesn't list LOT as necessarily information, but several reports over the past couple of weeks have cards being rejected by SafePassage if LOT isn't included or accurate (they apparently check if it's a valid LOT).

I’m good because my first upload was august 2021 and every cruise SP uses the same fully vaxed cards, even though I’ve had 3 boosters since.

My situation exactly! I uploaded a fully vax card for first sailing since restart back in Sept 2021 for an Oct sailing and every time I sail now it says I am good since I am fully vaxxed! I continue to get boosters including the new bivalent one.

I just recently went on a cruise in April and am now going next month. Does that mean I don't have to upload my vax card again?

I have a question. I uploaded my nephews vaccination card. Got approved. Will I still need to show it on embarkation day?

I have a question. I uploaded my nephews vaccination card. Got approved. Will I still need to show it on embarkation day?
No~ but bring an image of it with you on your phone and leave the original safe at home. You won't need it, but just in case

It seems to be a very recent development since testing was dropped completely for vaccinated. Presumably to weed out fake cards, are there really that many fakers out there? DCL hasn't actually made any information available and still doesn't list LOT as necessarily information, but several reports over the past couple of weeks have cards being rejected by SafePassage if LOT isn't included or accurate (they apparently check if it's a valid LOT).
Of course there's a lot of fake cards out there and always have been, but what difference does that make at this point. If other cruiselines are dropping everything why keep up this theatre? Lot numbers are easily found online so I'm not sure why invalid lot numbers would suddenly be an issue.

Of course there's a lot of fake cards out there and always have been, but what difference does that make at this point. If other cruiselines are dropping everything why keep up this theatre? Lot numbers are easily found online so I'm not sure why invalid lot numbers would suddenly be an issue.

It shouldn't matter. DCL is just slow, I don't even think its trying to be better anymore I just think its super slow to respond to the changing rules everywhere else.

It shouldn't matter. DCL is just slow, I don't even think its trying to be better anymore I just think its super slow to respond to the changing rules everywhere else.
Royal Caribbean hasn’t changed their protocols yet so I expect DCL to change a few weeks after Royal. Maybe early December at this point.

Royal Caribbean hasn’t changed their protocols yet so I expect DCL to change a few weeks after Royal. Maybe early December at this point.

Royal only makes 12 and up test and at home tests not proctored are allowed. So it’s much simpler and a big difference. Plus I have joined a few royal groups and they are barely checking to see if people tested as is

Wow! Just tried calling Safe Passage around 8:30 this morning to get an update on the status of our Vaccine approval. I was caller number nine. The message counted down to I am next in line. Finally got a message that they are sorry, no one is available to take your call. Goodbye. Wasted 45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter