• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Safe Passage clear to sail?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
We (4 of us) are going on the Oct 6 Disney Dream cruise out of Miami and I have a Safe Passage question.

When we cruised last December, three of the four of us were already vaccinated and our vaccination documentations is already on record with Safe Passage and three of us are already set to clear to sail.

Our youngest daughter is now vaccinated and I have uploaded her Covid card to Safe Passage. How long will it take for her vaccination proof to be cleared so that everyone in the party, including my youngest daughter, will now be clear to sail?

We're on the same cruise. I found it interesting that for our last cruise we had to re-register with Safe Passage even though we had already done a cruise post-COVID. Whereas this time they automatically registered us without me even logging in. But I guess the big difference is that we don't have to do the testing at the port.

We're on the same cruise. I found it interesting that for our last cruise we had to re-register with Safe Passage even though we had already done a cruise post-COVID. Whereas this time they automatically registered us without me even logging in. But I guess the big difference is that we don't have to do the testing at the port.
Same for us. Automatically registered and cleared to arrive/sail except for our 12 yo which we are waiting for her clear status.

We are sailing in November so cannot get into the actual safe passage website other than to look at FAQ's etc. Regarding proof of vaccination is the CDC card good enough? We have a total of 5 shots including the latest booster. The list of shots takes up both sides of the card. Do I need to provide a copy of both sides of the card? The Inspire website lists what information is needed for proof of vaccine but does not specify if it also needs to be on some official document. We live in NJ and participate in the Docket app which keeps track of the covid vaccinations and allows for downloading a pdf with the required information. Is that also an acceptable form of documentation?

I emailed Inspire support and got a canned answer back that did not answer my question.

They only need the front side of the CDC Card and that is what they prefer, showing that you are classified as "fully vaccinated". 2 shots of Pfizer or Moderna or 1 J&J.

How long will it take for her vaccination proof to be cleared so that everyone in the party, including my youngest daughter, will now be clear to sail?
If she's under 5, I've heard those go through a different approval and can take a little longer than the 5+ approvals.

The best email you can get before a Disney cruise:

“Your Reservation sailing status is Clear To Sail. You may proceed to the terminal.”

Whoo Hoo! No stressing now about boarding our cruise in Oct! 🥳

Houston, you are clear to sail 👍

Under the new requirements starting tomorrow, it should be Clear to Sail since they are no longer requiring testing for those fully vaccinated.

Since on Oct 14 Disney will no longer require vaccination, will Safe Passage be required? I have not cruised since before Covid. My cruise is in February

Since on Oct 14 Disney will no longer require vaccination, will Safe Passage be required? I have not cruised since before Covid. My cruise is in February
But my understanding of the latest announcement is that the choice at that point is either be vaccinated or submit a negative test, so I imagine Safe Passage will still be necessary .

But my understanding of the latest announcement is that the choice at that point is either be vaccinated or submit a negative test, so I imagine Safe Passage will still be necessary .
Until they remove the testing requirement for unvaccinated/proof of vaccination safe passage will be required.

Baby steps…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter