Safe for animals- outdoor ornaments

tink20

DIS Veteran
I want to decorate a tree outside with safe “ornaments. So far this is what I have thought of.

plain popcorn strung on fishing line for garland
small apples hung with natural twine
sliced dried oranges
pinecones with birdseed stuck to it with peanut butter (is peanut butter safe?) I found this idea on Pinterest.
I want to make bird seed gingerbread men shaped ornaments (not sure how to make these)
do you think cranberries are ok?

Does all this sound safe for birds and animals?
Any other idea? Has anyone did this before?

I want to decorate a tree outside with safe “ornaments. So far this is what I have thought of.

sliced dried oranges
pinecones with birdseed stuck to it with peanut butter (is peanut butter safe?) I found this idea on Pinterest.
I want to make bird seed gingerbread men shaped ornaments (not sure how to make these)

I wouldn't use fishing line. It could be pulled off and wrap around whatever animal/bird is attempting to pull off the popcorn. And it doesn't break easily.

sliced dried oranges

Are you talking safe as in safe for the wild animals to eat?? Because I do agree with Princess Shmoo, do not use fishing wire at all.

Agree with PrincessShmoo. No fishing line. Use cotton thread instead not polyester. And not cotton wrapped thread. 100% cotton only since it is biodegradable and hopefully the animal won't eat it.

If you want to make gingerbread men shaped ornaments, get a cookie cutter (metal with only side so you can push it out). Fill with your birdseed and peanut butter, freeze it and push it out. But you may need a bunch of cookie cutters. You might even tried cutting a shape with bread and putting peanut butter on both sides and coat with peanut butter. Make sure your peanut butter doesn't have Xylitol in it. I know Xylitol is harmful to dogs.

Oops! Like a Canadian game show , I posted before the thread question was read.. sorry. I'll leave my post anyway. So far with two large dogs (when playdates) this is what I'm working with.

20201127_100755.jpg

Thought I'd share this is us, 20201127_100337.jpgon our play date break!20201127_100650.jpg

WOOF!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter