Safe and easy access for phone

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I take out my phone frequently for pictures and using MDE. Anyone have suggestions for a way to carry my phone that keeps it safe, but easy for me to grab when I need it. I was planning on carrying a small backpack. Its a sling back type pack so i can easily slide it to the front to get things out. However, I don't like leaving it in one of the outside pockets because it feels to exposed to theft. The main park of the backpack is one large open space so it would get lost in there. I'd love to hear any ideas/solutions you might have!

I simply keep mine in a front pants pocket. Another solution I have used is a phone lanyard around my neck. You can get ones that are water resistant when sealed. On rides I would slip it into my shirt for safety.

I keep mine in my back pocket most of the time. Since I now need rx sunglasses, I carry a small VB crossbody bag and I can slide my phone in it if I need to.

I've only recently found any pants that have front pockets big enough for a phone, so I ask: is that an option for you? My personal preference at WDW is to wear a fanny pack as a crossbody since you don't have to take it off or stow it on most rides, so I just keep my phone in there and keep the bag on my front or side where I can keep track of it.

Re: lanyards, I personally can't stand having my phone in a plastic sleeve because I can never get the touchscreen to work right under those circumstances. Last year I bought a phone tether that I actually really like for travel. You put the flat thing inside your phone case with the little loop sticking out of the hole for the power jack, and then you can clip the wrist loop or the carabiner to it. You could also buy a lanyard to clip to the loop and have a longer tether you can attach to your belt loop, etc, or wear around your neck.

I'm looking at this lanyard for my trip in September: Cell Phone Lanyard

I'm not crazy about keeping my phone in my pocket and most of the shorts I have don't have them anyway. I wanted something to keep my phone easily accessible and I like that this lanyard isn't plastic and is adjustable.

Always had phone in front or back pocket. Only zipped into my bag when on a thrill ride where I wanted it more secure.

I used it constantly to modify FP, mobile order food, or play Pokémon. Didn't often have a need to put it away.

I carry mine in a wristlet and then put the wristlet in larger bag, either my messenger bag or a small crossbody purse.

Short of a bag/pocket use a fanny pack or a belt clip. I wouldn't suggest a lanyard or anything since it'll be hanging on your neck all day and that would be annoying to me, but everyone is different.

You may want to look at sleeve that hold the phone on your bicep, the thing people use for workouts/running. Not sure how accessible it is to take it out and put away constantly.

Short of a bag/pocket use a fanny pack or a belt clip. I wouldn't suggest a lanyard or anything since it'll be hanging on your neck all day and that would be annoying to me, but everyone is different.

You may want to look at sleeve that hold the phone on your bicep, the thing people use for workouts/running. Not sure how accessible it is to take it out and put away constantly.

Depends on what kind you get. I have the kind that has a sleeve with a plastic window for the phone, and I do not use it on any occasion when I want to be able to get the phone out and use it. It's hard to get the phone in and out, and the touch screen basically just doesn't even work through the plastic window. There are other kinds where the phone is held in a sort of stretchy rubber harness that leaves it mostly uncovered so you can use it, but I don't know how secure those are.

I have a Loopy case and keep my phone out when I’m going to be taking lots of pics or working FPs. I can flip it back and be hands free while still having a good grip on the phone. During rides or shows it gets put away.

I bought leggings with a side mesh pocket, and my galaxy s7 fit with otter box no problems. I would hate the weight around my neck on a lanyard

I have a slim fanny pack that I take when I don’t have pockets or if I know I’m going on thrill rides. If you search runner’s fanny pack you’ll get a variety of results. I don’t really notice it throughout the day and it stays pretty hidden under my shirt.

I take out my phone frequently for pictures and using MDE. Anyone have suggestions for a way to carry my phone that keeps it safe, but easy for me to grab when I need it. I was planning on carrying a small backpack. Its a sling back type pack so i can easily slide it to the front to get things out. However, I don't like leaving it in one of the outside pockets because it feels to exposed to theft. The main park of the backpack is one large open space so it would get lost in there. I'd love to hear any ideas/solutions you might have!
I have a LUG crossbody which I really like. I bought it just for Disney & because of the phone specific spot on front of bag with zipper. Easy peesy. I like it so much because of the spot for phone that it’s my everyday bag now. I got mine from QVC.

I first want to thank everyone with their replies. You really helped. I just got back from my trip and wanted to update you on what I ended up doing. I found a case that had a strap so you could wear it like a cross body bag. This is the one:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G38G8DK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It was very secure and I could use my phone while it was still on me. I could take quick pictures with it, like capturing my score on Toy Story mania. Although, I did need to take it off for real picture taking or videos. I put everything else I needed in my backpack and I could wear both comfortably. I could also wear my phone on most rides. I did take it off for roller coasters. It was also nice to be able to give my backpack to a non-rider when needed, but still have my phone. The case also came with a wrist strap.

I also bought a bag that had a phone holder in the front. I used this in the airport. I would have liked it for the parks, but with the crazy weather, I needed to have rain coats, fans, and hats with me at all times and this bag was too small for all of it. It was easy to get the phone in and out. When using the bag I kept the case from above on, but just used the wrist strap and put away the larger strap. The only issue I had with this bag, was that the phone was not as protected when I would put the back down. The pocket has no padding and the phone would hit the floor when I put it down. This is the bag: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07596ZFZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter