Safari and 2 year old

Snurk71

DIS Veteran
Last year when my DD was 15 months old, we passed on taking her on the Safari at AK with us. I was glad I did since it was a little bumpy. Do you think she will be ok (27 months old) this time around with one of us holding her?
Thanks!

Since it sounds like you've been on the safari, you probably know your baby best and what he/she can handle. We took our then 10 mo old on it with the CM's telling us he would be fine with one of us holding him, and he was. Now that he's two, I think he would still need to be in our lap, but I would take him. But only you know your baby, so do what makes you comfortable.

Have fun!

Jennifer

My eldest son was 14 months his first safari, my youngest was 12 months. Both were fine. Hold on tight and let them stand on the seat between 2 adults. Every safari was a complete success. But like Jennifer said, only you know your baby. Have fun and be safe!

My DD went on the safari when she was 13 months old. She loved looking at all the animals! We'll be trying the safari again in November when our youngest will be 10 months.

The safari is much bumpier on the back, so if you are concerned ask for a seat towards the front.

... my mom is coming with us. She's 67 and had back surgery in June. I asked her doctor about WDW, and he said she's clear to go on anything she wants. However, I'm still skeptical and rather concerned about rides that are jerky or overly bumpy. I don't want her to miss this - how bad is it really?

(Sorry to intrude and divert the topic a little - this is really bothering me. Thanks.)

Lori

My mom has some back problems, too, and we rode on the front seat. It wasn't too bumpy there. She was a little bothered the next day but said she wouldn't have missed it for anything! I'd make sure to ask for the front seat. We had never ridden on the back till my last trip (not the one with mom) and I'd always wondered why they warned you to hold on so much. I found out!

We took our son on it when he was 9 months old, 18 months old and 30 months old. He did fine everytime. The first time he was in my sling and I think he was asleep (can't remember). The second time he was very intrigued with the animals and was on dh's lap. This past time he sat on the edge of the seat with wide eyes and loved every minute of it. We got off and he squealed, "Again again!"

:earsgirl:

Thank you. I'll be sure to ask for the front seat, then.
Maybe someone else can remember the age cut-off, but we couldn't ride in the front seat with our little one. The second seat was fine. We weren't really given an explanation, but it wasn't a big deal.

We took our DD when she was 20 months old and she loved it! It so captured her interest she didn't even squirm around on DHs lap :)

We took DS when he was 12mo. A CM who was chatting with us in line suggested front seat for best view, so that's what we did. That was 4 years ago though, so policy about little ones in front seat may have changed. Last year we took DD on for the first time, she was 26 mo. We sat in the next to last seat and didn't enjoy the ride nearly as much.
Also, I had back surgery last Feb. and went to WDW in June. I rode on everything I wanted to and didn't have any problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter