Saddest Song You Know?

I'm afraid I'll get flamed by someone who disagrees. Happened to me last week when I commented about a song on these boards.

Basically,, most country music...especially old time country music from George Jones etc.
He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones is the saddest song ever. Ever.

That’s the Way I Always Heard it Should Be-Carly Simon
Cats in the Cradle-Harry Chapin
Alone Again (Naturally) as mentioned above.

LUKA by Suzanne Vega

ALSO Glenn Cambell's -- I'm Not Gonna Miss You

So many sad songs on this thread! This one, while not technically a sad song, always makes me cry (and since Nanci Griffith just passed last week, even sadder).

99 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall -- The song begins with so much beer, plenty for everyone. But as the song progresses the beer bottles begin to dwindle and you start to realize there is not going to be enough beer at some point. As someone drinks the final beer, the party has ended and everyone is leaving, the wall is barren,the singing has ceased. :drinking1

Full of Grace (Sarah McLachlan)
Dark Places (The Gaslight Anthem)
The Last Song (Elton John)
A bunch of Counting Crows songs like A Long December, Anna Begins, and Round Here

ETA I just remembered a ridiculous song that I used to listen to when I was really little called Me and Little Andy (Dolly Parton). Now that is up there with the Christmas shoes!

The Escape Club‘s I’ll Be There

Don't be afraid, oh my love
I'll be watching you from above
And I'd give all the world tonight,
To be with you
Because I'm on your side,
And I still care
I may have died,
But I've gone nowhere

When the Party's Over by Billie Eilish. I'm not particularly a Billie Eilish fan.. I really dislike the breathy way she sings, but I think this song is beautiful. I first heard it when LeAnn Rimes sang it on the Masked Singer.

Don't you know I'm no good for you?
I've learned to lose you, can't afford to
Tore my shirt to stop you bleedin'
But nothin' ever stops you leavin'
Quiet when I'm comin' home and I'm on my own
I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Don't you know too much already?
I'll only hurt you if you let me
Call me friend but keep me closer (call me back)
And I'll call you when the party's over
And I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
Yeah, I could lie, say I like it like that, like it like that
But nothin' is better sometimes
Once we've both said our goodbyes
Let's just let it go
Let me let you go

I'm afraid I'll get flamed by someone who disagrees. Happened to me last week when I commented about a song on these boards.
You've never struck me as a person afraid of disagreement. I've always noted you diving in head first most of the time.

Yes, this one.

One of my grandfathers was a Johnny Cash fan. I listened to this on repeat for weeks. You’d think I’d be numb to it, but it’s such a raw, painful song.
This is actually a cover of a Nine Inch Nails song. It was a song about self harm and heroin addiction.

When Trent Reznor (basically all of Nine Inch Nails) heard Johnny Cash's version, he said it was no longer his song, it now belonged to Johnny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter