• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sad that Pirates will still be closed in September

moonshadow

Mouseketeer
For years one of our favorite attractions has been POC. We'll be there the week of Sept 7th and it will still be closed. What made this worse is we were at MK for one day last Feb and the ride had problems and was closed down. So it seems no POC for us this year. :sad2:

It's always disappointing when one of your favorite rides is closed. But Pirates is getting some much needed work and hopefully will look great the next time you visit.

Our last trip last August we were unable to ride as well and I was disappointed then. this refurbishment is killing me, we will be there the 14-21. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a soft or early open.

Yeah Pirates was closed the last 2 times we were there, annoying

We didnt get to ride it last week:( Does anyone know what they are doing to it. Just a general maintenance kind of thing or will there be anything different?

The fastpasses are already gone for POTC on the 26th (predicted reopening date) so I think I may have to head there at RD on that day if they aren't doing any soft openings

We leave on the 27th so with it hopefully opening on the 26th... we will be heading there first on our last morning! Fingers crossed:rolleyes1

I was able to get a FP+ for it on the 27th which will be our first day in the parks. I'm sure if they can get it open earlier, they will.

It's always disappointing when one of your favorite rides is closed. But Pirates is getting some much needed work and hopefully will look great the next time you visit.
We face the same issue when we visit during Marathon week in January 2016. Our favorite ride, Splash Mountain will be down our entire stay. Makes me sad :( It is disappointing when this happens......in our case its related to when we're traveling as January is a "high refurb" month! As for POC..........it really did need a "complete" overhaul.........this just gives the OP reason to return in 2016 and ride it in all it's "Refurbbed" glory! :p........something to plan for :D

Don't let this ruin your WDW trip karma......your Sept trip will still be magical as long as you make it so! Have a great trip pixiedust:

Doug :goofy:

The fastpasses are already gone for POTC on the 26th (predicted reopening date) so I think I may have to head there at RD on that day if they aren't doing any soft openings
I was under the assumption that fast pass wasn't available at all for that day. It was going to be standby only the whole day. I could be wrong. Did anyone get a FP+ for the 26th?

Going the 12th-19th its one of my favorite rides for when I was a kid all my disney photos I'm wearing something pirates in. Taking my girlfriend for her first time and sad its not going to be open.

We leave on the 26th and are hoping for a soft opening on the 25th. We'll be at CRT on the 26th for an 8:30 am ADR. First stop after we finish eating will be POTC. We are hoping it isn't too crowded by 9:30 which is 30 minutes after the park opens for the day (unless I somehow missed morning EMH at MK that day).

I was under the assumption that fast pass wasn't available at all for that day. It was going to be standby only the whole day. I could be wrong. Did anyone get a FP+ for the 26th?

It could be. I only noticed it because every other day during my trip it says it is closed for refurbishment but the 26th says FP+ is finished for the day. Could be they know they will be finished early so 25th will be just stand by and then 26th would be the first day back to normal....but only Disney knows....

Seems like POC had a fairly big reno not that long ago when Jack Sparrow was added. Might this one be related at least in part to the accident a while back? Perhaps moving the track so it cannot be reached from inside the boat?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter