Sad News

cewait

DIS Veteran
I have received some sad news concerning Robert Mathis and his wife. He was know on this forum as ultramickeymouse

http://carsonnow.org/story/01/01/20...ims-north-lake-tahoe-fatal-pedestrian-acciden

Apparently the were killed Friday afternoon while walking across a street in their hometown of Incline Village, NV by a DUI driver. While Robert and I had a couple issues through the last year, there are several folks on this and other forums who call him friend.

Mary and I are remembering Robert and Linda, his family and friends, especially Dave(windwalker) in our prayers.

This is very sad. Because of him, I met many of my running friends. Thoughts and prayers are with their family.

Regardless of the controversy over the past few years, Robert contributed much to this group. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Jackie

Reading this sad news on facebook sent me over here for the first time in ages. Robert contributed to so many people; what a loss.

How very, very sad. My thoughts are with their friends and families. :sad1:

Although many of us had differences with Robert and Linda including myself, I know that I am grateful to them for their site. It allowed me the opportunity the meet so many Disney runners who I now call friends. They were taken from the runDisney community far too soon.

I know how much WDW Marathon weekend meant to both of them - especially Robert who enjoyed the Goofy and was looking forward to being perfectly Goofy, so I plan on wearing Orange for both the Half and Full Marathons to show my appreciation to them. It does not mean that I agree with everything that has happened in the past, but I am thankful that they were the original Disney community for those of us who run in the races. So, if anyone else is in the same boat, I would invite you to do the same out of respect.

How horrible and sad. :sad1: I can not address any issues since I refuse to get involved in any of that, but I can tell you that Robert was always kind to me, supportive of my newbie endurance efforts and often made me laugh. This is sad and tragic. I will always remember Robert out on the course with a Goofy hat, a kilt and a smile.

This is very sad news. Several years ago I contributed to Robert's group by providing an idea for the logo. He will be truly missed in the Disney running community.

What intensely sad news! Unbelievable. I can't even process this right now.....

DisneyRunning was the first site I joined when beginning my marathon training, and I've met so many helpful people there including him, Dave, Shelby, Mara and Barb among others.

I can't believe he's gone...

This will definitely put a damper on my weekend. I know I will be thinking of Robert and Linda often as I attempt to complete my 5th Goofy. I know that the Goofy Race and a Half was very dear to Robert. Every year I would have a little chat with Robert as our paths crossed on the course during Marathon Weekend and wish him well. How sad for it to end like that. Rest in Peace Robert and Linda.

I just read the sad news. Robert and Linda will be missed by many. Although I wasn't involved with Disney Running, or their other race endeavors, I know both Robert and Linda were committed to the race community.

Their support here on WISH, and with DR, encouraged many an athlete - runners and walkers alike - to take on new challenges, find new friends, and always keep moving forward.

It's at moments like this when we realize what a big, diverse community we are as Disney athletes - and how much of the loss of one of us is felt. My thoughts go out to their family, and to each of you...my WISH family. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter