• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sabrina & Jim's PJ: 05/26 Please don't ask....

Which shoes do you like better?

• hot pink pumps with bows

• hot pink satin sling backs

Results are only viewable after voting.
How obnoxious! And he's a very bad manager/salesman too--why does he assume that it's important for you to be trendy and have a 2009 collection dress? I mean, that's totally FINE and GREAT, IF that's what you want, but my point is that it's not for him to say.

My wedding is at the end of January 2009, and I already bought my dress in early March of this year. I like to do things ahead of time.

The next time you speak to a bridal salon who's giving you a hard time about wanting to try a dress on ahead of time, just listen to them and ask them point blank in a very confident tone, "So, you're saying that you're not going to let me into your store to see any gowns, or to try them on, right?"

That pseudo-rhetorical question should make the salesperson stop babbling and look/feel stupid enough to give you the answer you want to hear. If it doesn't, and they ask you to come back later, you can politely tell them that you're not interested.

Many of these salons will do anything to make a buck, but their bad behavior shouldn't go unchecked. Any dress that one has can be found at another, after all!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Don't be too worried, there are so many bridal salons and they all have completely different attitudes; you'll find one that suits you.

Just remember not to reward bad policies! If you feel snubbed by one of them, or they are not respectful towards you at this point (even this early on in your planning stages), just go elsewhere!

Thanks. You're definitely right, I shouldn't reward a snooty attitude and I should go elsewhere. I'm like you as well and like to be ahead of the game and get things done early. Besides I'm just STARTING to look at dresses and trying them on so why turn off a potential client.

That is truly awful and I'm glad you've ruled that store out of your plans!! I went dress shopping today and was VERY scared to be honest. I'm a plus size girl and the thought of someone I didnt know seeing me in my underwear terrified me! And I thought the staff would be skinny and snooty and none of the dresses would fit - however, they made me feel beautiful and were extremely helpful and positive and honest - those are the sort of people you need around you when trying on dresses. Sorry for babbling, back to the point, the lady told us today that they had someone in the store who has purchased their dress for their wedding in September 2010!!! So there are stores out there who take orders far in advance, like you said - your money is just as good as everyone elses. It's there loss!! ;)

What bad customer service! I wonder what his cut off point is....you are only allowed in the store 1 year before your wedding date, 8 months........? And they don't allow men in the store.....that is just strange! What if you wanted your father to come? Anyway, I hope you find a nicer store and have a positive experience.

You have to fib your way through the whole wedding-dress shopping process. Tell them it's 8 months away, or whatever. They don't need to know it's a year away. And when you finally order the dress, move up your wedding day by a month when they're filling out your form so that it arrives in time. A lot of shops take your money and then sit on your order for a few months before they actually contact the manufacturer. So if you give them an earlier deadline, they will order it earlier.

When I went to David's to get my bolero and the sales clerk put my wedding date into the ordering info, the computer told her the bolero wouldn't arrive until the week before my wedding (I needed to have collar and cuffs attached by a seamstress and I was leaving town 4 days before the wedding) :scared1:

Even the sales clerk was incredulous, so she typed in a made-up wedding date, and my bolero arrived two weeks later. :rolleyes:

That's terrible! I told my bridal shop that our wedding was in December this year, but was dependent on confirming with Disney. I only wanted to try a dress on but they were more than happy to order it when I decided to go ahead.

I then told them it might not be until next year depending on Disney and they had no problem ordering it. I managed to haggle a lot too as I was ordering so far ahead and they would have my money nice and early.

I would either not bother with them or call back and lie about when your wedding is like I did!

Good luck :goodvibes

Thank you everyone for your comments and advice. I've definitely learned that lying is the way to go and I will do that with the next place I go to.

So sorry about your first dress experience! i have to agree--very rude! I bought my dress last april (2007) 14 months before the wedding! It shouldnt really matter to them!

sorry to hear about your bad experience. That was rude and really it shouldn't matter to them when your wedding is.... personally I would def find somewhere else to go.

I'm in love with the hairstyle you've picked out!!

Thanks you :)

So sorry about your first dress experience! i have to agree--very rude! I bought my dress last april (2007) 14 months before the wedding! It shouldnt really matter to them!

I know! right! what's the big deal, do they want my money or not.

sorry to hear about your bad experience. That was rude and really it shouldn't matter to them when your wedding is.... personally I would def find somewhere else to go.

I'm def. looking into it

I can't believe they gave you such a hard time about going to try some dresses on! You should be able to go whenever you want!

Wedding dress dramarama!!!!! I called a dress store to make an appointment to try on wedding dresses this morning, I ask to make an appointment and then they ask me when I'm getting married so I say next year. The woman asks me to hold on a sec. Next thing I know the manager is on the phone and asks me when I'm getting married so I tell him that I'm getting married next year and then he asks why I want to start looking for my dress so early and how I heard about their store. OMG! does it freakin' matter? I just want to try on dresses. He goes on to explain that I should at least wait until July because the 2009 collection will be out. Anyway, he talked so much that the battery on my portable phone had time to run out!!! I told him 3 times that it didn't matter and that I just wanted to try dresses on. I'm already frustrated and I just started. Anyway else experience something similar?

Some dress stores are a pain in the neck...I ordered my dress in September of 06 and it came in March of 07 and I'm getting married this May so screw what that guy says..Go dress shopping, it's ok just to try things on my gosh:sad2: ..and so what if you find the one you want so be it. Go dress shopping and have fun:thumbsup2

Here are my invitations seals:

174604envelopeseal.JPG

Jim's Tux

174604vest_mickey_white.jpg

My new dress obsession that I can only buy at the place that is giving me drama :snooty:

174604product_image_php.jpg

My shoes!!!!!!!!

174604august_fuchsia_shoes.jpg

If only I can remember where I found them :idea:

The cake if we can decide if we're going to have one or not :confused:

174604DSC03319-med.jpg

We don't want the actual queen of hearts cake, but these are the colors we want and the cake style but with the mickey heads instead.

My welcome bags thus far:
174604welcomebag.JPG

I finished my door hanger things. I decided to keep them B&W because I thought they looked cool and didn't want to spend too much time on them since they will probably all end up in the recycling.

I can't believe they gave you such a hard time about going to try some dresses on! You should be able to go whenever you want!

I know seriously, especially since I has just finish telling them that I wanted to go there because they gave my SIL such great service :rolleyes:

Some dress stores are a pain in the neck...I ordered my dress in September of 06 and it came in March of 07 and I'm getting married this May so screw what that guy says..Go dress shopping, it's ok just to try things on my gosh:sad2: ..and so what if you find the one you want so be it. Go dress shopping and have fun:thumbsup2

You're right :flower3: ! I felt bummed after it but I shouldn't let that steal my thunder. It's the only time in my life when I'll be shopping for a wedding dress. Just weird thought that they would say that and p-off a potential customer. So weird.

Thats a very pretty dress.... the shoes oh my....I only wish I could wear something like that..... I like the seals too. I plan on getting some but haven't found ones I want yet. you have been busy.everything looks great! :goodvibes

WOW! You have been busy! That dress is beautiful- having a great time trying it on! Love the pink shoes! DF is doing the same tux! ordered it last week :yay: We are doing Mickey mad hatter-pink/cream!

Keep it coming!

Sabrina, I've had the same problems! Whenever I go into a bridal store and shop they act all sweet until I tell them my wedding date and then poof! No more service! It's like they think I'm not going to purchase because my wedding is so far away. Now, a couple of stores left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't want to buy a dress now from them no matter how close I am! Just lie next time you go to a store and say your wedding is closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter