S/O Coronavirus School Closing considered in your area?

This happened today in Kansas.View attachment 481735
This decision seems so premature. The situation is evolving rapidly and so much has changed in just the last week, it seems like waiting until at least the end of the month to make any decision would be prudent. I hope my state (MI) will wait a few more weeks before making such a huge decision that impacts so many kids in very different ways.

This decision seems so premature. The situation is evolving rapidly and so much has changed in just the last week, it seems like waiting until at least the end of the month to make any decision would be prudent. I hope my state (MI) will wait a few more weeks before making such a huge decision that impacts so many kids in very different ways.
I wouldn't have minded the decision if they had a darn plan already in place..they are giving the districts until April 15th to submit their plans after they gave them a 70+ page guidance document on going to online.

So if they had laid out plans, especially for here in the area when most of the students were on spring break, it would have looked like a decision that was made with forethought. As is they put the cart before the horse.

In our case the rapidly changing is that more cases are being diagnosed state-wide so I'm guessing our Governor felt like she wanted to attempt to get ahead of the situation (whether we all agree on that or not that's been my guess). Johnson County has stopped, at the moment, testing unless you require hospitalization. However in the county above Wyandotte, a health clinic has opened a drive-thru for those with a doctor's note and a negative flu test.

NYS has cancelled State testing -
Good decision - kids would have really hard time focusing right now

NYS has cancelled State testing -
Good decision - kids would have really hard time focusing right now
I am hoping/thinking that all states have canceled state testing because it was announced today that the federal government has canceled state testing

Got an email from my local district (suburban Pittsburgh area) that they are keeping shut down until after May 1. I don't have kids in the schools anymore, but am still on the list.

One upside though is it provides some certainty and helps people plan. It’s one thing to arrange childcare solutions if you’re thinking this is a 2 week thing, and quite another to realize that nope we need a 2-3 month solution for our family. For all the nonprofit community agencies it’s help put into place better planning options.

I think it’s that trade off between holding out hope at the cost of certainty/planning. They may end up with egg on their face if by some miraculous occurrence this fades away, but my guess is schools across the country won’t be back this semester.

Virginia schools are now closed through the end of the school year (which our district ended somewhere around June 12)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter