S/O: Best Movie Ever

I love movies that take you to a different world that looks amazing and makes you feel lots of emotions. The "Lord of the Rings" movies, especially "The Return of the King," are great at this. Peter Jackson did an excellent job showing Tolkien's world. The story and characters are well done, too.
I know I'm in the minority, but movies like that go right over my head. LOTR, Star Wars, anything Marvel, you name it. I could watch a 10-hour Polish film about the Ten Commandments in modern day (and have, a few times!) or bleak Swedish dramas about sisters dying in remote country houses. But fantasy? A no go for me.

best film of 2023 has to be Godzilla minus one. Sorry but none of the Hollywood blockbuster’s this ear have been worth watching. I tried Indiana joes but that was rubbish ave up after about 10 minutes

best film of 2023 has to be Godzilla minus one. Sorry but none of the Hollywood blockbuster’s this ear have been worth watching. I tried Indiana joes but that was rubbish ave up after about 10 minutes
Since when are blockbusters the only films considered? There were easily a dozen or two films better than the terrific Godzilla Minus One.

For me personally, my favorite movie of all time is Forrest Gump. I definitely have some very close runners-up: Shawshank Redemption, A League of Their Own, Clueless, Drop Dead Fred (not fine cinema but so hilarious), Groundhog Day, What About Bob?. I'm sensing a theme... I really love 90s movies! Despite loving WDW, I'm not a huge Disney movie fan, but my favorites are Coco (yes I know its Disney/Pixar) and The Emperor's New Groove.

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy for me. I honestly don't believe something like this could be made today.

Drama
The Godfather.
12 Angry Men.
Fantasy
Lord of the Rings, the two Towers.
Action
Terminator 2. Judgement day.
The Matrix.
Sci Fi
The Empire Strikes Back.
Stargate.
Star Trek II. The Wrath of Kahn.
Romantic
Sleepless in Seattle.
Comedy
Blazing Saddles.
Monty Python and the holy Grail.
Western
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter