• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?'s about my Mom's Jazzy

strawberryblonde

<font color=red>"We wants the redhead!!!!"<br><fon
My Mom will be going with us to WDW in March. She will have her Jazzy power chair with her and I don't know how we will get it around . Mom doesn't think I can get it into my car (big Suburban) without a lift. We will have two able bodied men with us, is there any way to get the power chair in without a lift? Now that "EE" is back in effect, I have alot of park hopping planned to cut down on line time for the 6 kids (including a 3yr old and 3 five yr old boys!). I don't want Mom to have to take Disney transport all of the time - like to the water parks and downtown disney. Does anyone have any suggestions and answers about the Pride Jazzy power chair? Thanks :earsgirl:

Welcome to disABILITIES. We'll be in WDW in March too. Depending on just when you go in March, it might be very busy (spring break) or nice and slow. One way to tell will be to see if it is the high cost season for hotels or lower cost. They base the hotel prices on how much demand there is.
One of our regular posters, Talking Hands (Lisa) also has a Jazzy power wheelchair and travels to WDW frequently. I'm sure she will be along at some time with information for you. Lisa also belongs to a Jazzy internet talk group, which might be helpful.
My DD has an Invacare Arrow, which is close to 300 pounds without DD on it, so there is no way that we could lift it into a vehicle. And since it would be so heavy and would be a tight space to get in and out, I'd be afraid of dropping it, even if we could lift it. I'd suggest you look in her instruction book or check with the manufacturer about transporting it. I DO know that a few Jazzy models are made to be taken apart for transport. Maybe you are lucky and she has one of those without knowing it.

Really depends on the model of Jazzy. Mine has been lifted in and out of the van before I got a lift but it is no easy task. I would really recommend just sticking to Disney tranportation if you don't have a lift. I have a lift and most times just take the Disney transportation.
One note is the current policy is to back on to the ramps on the ramp bus. Refuse to do it. It is not safe with a Jazzy. Be adamant. I had to get a supervisor with one driver because he refused to board me unless I backed on. No explaination would sway him. Once I pointed out to the supervisor the reasons I would not back on I was finally allowed to board but it held a lot of people up and I was not a happy camper. I hate being put on the spot that way as it can get ugly and embarassing but I am not about to put myself at risk for some poorly thought out Disney decisions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter