Ryno & the Cannoli Cupcake | Italy Pavilion | Epcot 9/1

Yay Ryno! Thanks for checking out the Cannoli cupcake for me! I had high hopes but as soon as you showed it I thought, "What the ---!" Was not expecting a cupcake in a CUP. WDW can do some amazing cupcakes but that was disappointing. I'm glad the cannoli on top and cannoli filling were yummy though. The candied fruit is pretty traditional but Americanized cannolis usually just have the chocolate chips. The cannoli shells do get soggy when refrigerated. I guess we're better off just ordering the cannolis by themselves rather than the cupcake. Thanks again for responding to my request!

@Ryno : Thank you for taking one for the team & checking out this cannoli cupcake! Sorry it wasn't wonderful but hit & miss with new goodies.
If you get the chance over the next few months when you are in Epcot, would you do a quick video review of (any of or all of?) the following classics:
  • Cronut at the Refreshment Port (near the Canada Pavilion). It is incredible when freshly made. I don't get the ice cream or any other thing with it. Just the actual pure cronut. There have been dozens of questions about the cronut on the Restaurant Forum . . . is it really that good? where do you get it? etc. This would be well received by many posters on the Boards;
  • Lefse at Kringla og Kafe. This is a relatively inexpensive treat. A great value OOP. But ask the CMs about it first before ordering. If it is tightly rolled (which it should be) it is much tastier & much sweeter. If it has been loosely rolled & looks sloppy, then you'll get a mouth full of dough & air w/o the incredible cream filling;
  • Skool Bread at Kringla og Kafe. A classic & beloved Epcot treat. Coconut covered "donut" with cream filling. This is one of those classic Epcot treats that I grab just before I leave Epcot at night & enjoy the left-overs in my room the next morning for breakfast with coffee;
  • Macarons at L'artisan des glaces in the France Pavilion, Epcot. This is the tiny ice cream shop to the Left of les Halles Boulangerie et Patisserie. Chocolate is the stand-by but the fun find is the seasonal macaron. This fall, it should be pumpkin spice. But it will change up for Christmas/winter. Again, another interesting & unique treat in Epcot that is of huge interest to DIS'rs on the Restaurant Board. They always want to know just what this is? It isn't a chocolate coconut macaroon. It is a French macaron. A completely different & tasty animal; and
  • if you get the chance, check out the French crepes at the stand in the France Pavilion. Different flavours. If served hot off the press, tasty & more tasty.
Thank-you for this sweet stroll down memory lane! :-)

@Ryno : Thank you for taking one for the team & checking out this cannoli cupcake! Sorry it wasn't wonderful but hit & miss with new goodies.
If you get the chance over the next few months when you are in Epcot, would you do a quick video review of (any of or all of?) the following classics:
  • Cronut at the Refreshment Port (near the Canada Pavilion). It is incredible when freshly made. I don't get the ice cream or any other thing with it. Just the actual pure cronut. There have been dozens of questions about the cronut on the Restaurant Forum . . . is it really that good? where do you get it? etc. This would be well received by many posters on the Boards;
  • Lefse at Kringla og Kafe. This is a relatively inexpensive treat. A great value OOP. But ask the CMs about it first before ordering. If it is tightly rolled (which it should be) it is much tastier & much sweeter. If it has been loosely rolled & looks sloppy, then you'll get a mouth full of dough & air w/o the incredible cream filling;
  • Skool Bread at Kringla og Kafe. A classic & beloved Epcot treat. Coconut covered "donut" with cream filling. This is one of those classic Epcot treats that I grab just before I leave Epcot at night & enjoy the left-overs in my room the next morning for breakfast with coffee;
  • Macarons at L'artisan des glaces in the France Pavilion, Epcot. This is the tiny ice cream shop to the Left of les Halles Boulangerie et Patisserie. Chocolate is the stand-by but the fun find is the seasonal macaron. This fall, it should be pumpkin spice. But it will change up for Christmas/winter. Again, another interesting & unique treat in Epcot that is of huge interest to DIS'rs on the Restaurant Board. They always want to know just what this is? It isn't a chocolate coconut macaroon. It is a French macaron. A completely different & tasty animal; and
  • if you get the chance, check out the French crepes at the stand in the France Pavilion. Different flavours. If served hot off the press, tasty & more tasty.

Ooh..you kinda beat me to my next request! Although the team has done quick service reviews around Epcot, I thought it might be fun to highlight a favorite entree or snack, treat, and drink from each pavilion. For example, maybe nachos, churro, and sangria/margarita from Mexico. Of course, you'd have to hit some of the tried and true board favorites like Skool bread from Norway, Grapefruit beer from Germany(which I am happily sipping on at home for the very first time!), Napoleon from France, etc... Sound like fun?!

DH is still looking forward to trying the cannoli cupcake.

We've had the cronut. The flavor is okay but the texture is a total turnoff...feels like it's been coated in sand with all that cinnamon sugar. Chewing it isn't pleasant.

The lefse was a disappointment. It had no flavor at all. There was food in my mouth, but I couldn't taste it LOL.

DH ADORES the school bread. It's not sweet enough for me, but he prefers his pastries that way...light.

I will get on these! Thanks for the suggestions! It gives me direction lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter