Running out of Turkey legs 15-20ish minutes before Prince Eric's closure, should Disney transfer turkey legs from liberty square or burden the guests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I first read the post (their first after joining yesterday) I thought they were joking or trolling. Although I do love a creative sarcastic post every now and then. I actually read it a few times to wrap my head around the concept that not getting a turkey leg ... A TURKEY LEG ... could cause so much; an email and joining a board to complain.
I thought the OP was asking a serious question at first. But then it became apparent from his responses that he was not seriously seeking responses that disagreed with him and just kept stirring the pot. I think that's the literal definition of an internet troll, lol.

Actually, I would have been fine with the post if it hasn't been couched as a question and instead just said something like RANT ALERT! I am not a big fan of rants on here (especially from newbies), but then I would have known to avoid the thread entirely instead of thinking (at least for a moment) that the OP wanted a real discussion

Pls be a troll, pls be a troll, pls be a troll, pls be a troll, pls be a troll 🙏🙏🙏🙏

Because if you aren't then this is the most ridiculous complain I have ever read in my life.
This complaint is not ridiculous at all. People sit there ranting and raving about much more ridiculous things all the time on this board. This complaint is regarding whether Disney should plan to avoid issues like this, aka add predictability. It isn't trolling at all.

Listen I'm glad they aren't worried about the turkey legs. they got lots of other stuff that are more imp to worry about like making sure 9-10 rides don't go down at the same time. I can deal with the no turkey leg situation even though they are pretty good. but man messy and have climbed in price way way more than the actual increase in turkey prices.
I've never really had rides going down negatively impact my disney experience. Except when that ride that went down is a ride that is considered "special" and the lightening lane pass won't work on it. It's not about "dealing with it" it is about the issue not occurring in the first place.

This complaint is not ridiculous at all. People sit there ranting and raving about much more ridiculous things all the time on this board. This complaint is regarding whether Disney should plan to avoid issues like this, aka add predictability. It isn't trolling at all.
It sounds like turkey legs are a very important part of your vacation experience. It might be wise to order them earlier in the day when it's more likely your fav will be available.

So no turkey legs negativity impacts you having a AP but ride maintenance doesn’t. Well, thanks for the laughs. :rotfl2:
I think it more so results in never having actually encountered a ride maintenance issue that was unexpected such as waiting in line for awhile only to have it break down, all issues have arisen before we gotten in line and were informed so via the app. Plus being hungry only makes things worse.

It sounds like turkey legs are a very important part of your vacation experience. It might be wise to order them earlier in the day when it's more likely your fav will be available.
I agree but I do think it should be listed on the app that the Turkey legs may run out or something to that nature.

FETSVMF7DY2RQ6TN5KU5C6BQ5I.jpg

How in the world would they know how many turkey legs they needed to transfer there to cover the 15-20 minutes before they closed? And if they did transfer some, when not all of those turkey legs were sold, they'd have to transfer them (again) somewhere else?

I'd say they did a pretty good job figuring out how many they might need for the hours they were open. And, considering there were some available not that far away, they were covering those guests who wanted turkey legs. Disappointing, yes. Also completely acceptable in my book.

Just because you hold an annual pass, and/or paid a lot to vacation somewhere, you're not entitled to have everything you want, everywhere you want it, whenever you want it.

How in the world would they know how many turkey legs they needed to transfer there to cover the 15-20 minutes before they closed? And if they did transfer some, when not all of those turkey legs were sold, they'd have to transfer them (again) somewhere else?
They would transfer the amount they normally sell within that time frame plus an additional 10-20% just to be on the safe side. Then at 6pm the left overs will be transferred to Gaston's where they will be available as a limited time offering as they normally do when there is excess at the end of the day.
I'd say they did a pretty good job figuring out how many they might need for the hours they were open. And, considering there were some available not that far away, they were covering those guests who wanted turkey legs. Disappointing, yes. Also completely acceptable in my book.
If Liberty Square is not that far away then why couldn't Disney just do the transfer?
Just because you hold an annual pass, and/or paid a lot to vacation somewhere, you're not entitled to have everything you want, everywhere you want it, whenever you want it.
That isn't the best way to look at things. I am not requesting anything after their posted closing time. If someone's hotel room isn't available at the time listed do they not have a right to be annoyed or complain?

OP, may I ask what was the compensation that you requested from Disney that they referenced in their response to you? I’m curious since this is clearly important to you and I am wondering what it is that you might have been hoping for from them in your complaint that would have smoothed this over with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter