Running on Fumes from Start to Finish

So Alex left to catch a bus back to the room and the rest of us took a walk to Epcot. Kira and Josh had never walked along the canal and I knew they would love the walk.

We entered through the IG and stopped for a picture.

As we walked, we discussed what to do for lunch. Kira had not allocated anything from her dp credits and we were not on the dp. So a good option was Via Napoli. A table service where we could all get fed and I could use my TIW card. So we walked up and asked if they could seat us without an ADR. Sure enough they could! We did not even have much of a wait.

Soon we were eating this...

After lunch we continued to walk around WS and stopped into the carmel shop for some yummy treats. I got a bag of popcorn. My favorite things...popcorn and carmel. YUM!

We continued around until we hit Mexico where we had to do the grand fiesta tour.

We then hit club cool on our way out of our second park of the day.

We stopped for a picture

We then got on the monorail to head to our 3rd park for the day. Meanwhile, Alex caught a bus in order to meet up with us.

Next Up: 1/16 -3 Park Day Part 3

still lurking :) Luvin all your pics. Your DD's minnie mouse dress is to cute

I have been MIA since I got back from Cali labor day weekend! Glad to know this is one TR I didn't fall too far behind on! Looks like your start to the day was fun! Poor Alex! One of these days he will have a healthy WDW trip!

still lurking :) Luvin all your pics. Your DD's minnie mouse dress is to cute

I am just glad you are still here. I have been horrible about dis lately. I will finish this TR though!!!

And thank you... I think this may have been the last trip for her in that dress.

I've fallen so far behind!! But all caught up now. :thumbsup2

I am so far behind too... I just can't seem to get in the time that i want here on dis.

I have been MIA since I got back from Cali labor day weekend! Glad to know this is one TR I didn't fall too far behind on! Looks like your start to the day was fun! Poor Alex! One of these days he will have a healthy WDW trip!

:rotfl: Nope, not a lot of updates on here. So probably pretty easy to not fall to far behind.

I have been so behind and MIA too since that weekend. I really enjoyed having lunch. I wish I had reconnected with you at some point that weekend. I feel bad that I didn't. :sad2:

Yeah... poor Alex. I think he never leaves the house so it is easier for him to get sick when he does.

Welcome back, Ann...we've missed you around here.

I LOVE that photopass picture in front of Spaceship Earth.

Welcome back, Ann...we've missed you around here.

I LOVE that photopass picture in front of Spaceship Earth.

Thanks, Kathy :goodvibes I am so hopelessly behind on dis and everything. I should be being productive right now... but I was up last night ill so I am just tapped. I am going to work from home at some point, do some chores and even maybe if I ever get myself hydrated enough - go for a run. For now though I am taking some time to check threads on dis. Yours is one I am just no where near being caught up on. I am going to take a different approach to getting caught up...and staying there. I think the idea of reading from the last updated thread to the most recently just causes me to fall too far behind on those threads who have very popular writers. Your thread for example (and a few others) always stay at the top of my subscription list because there are always posts to it. I am finding a lot of those threads like yours I have failed to get to since August. :faint: So I hope you can forgive me.

After we left Epcot it was time to head to our final park of the day. 3 parks in one day! I think this is a record for me. I don't think I have ever actually hit all 4.

So we hopped on the monorail and went to MK. Once there we had to find Alex. Surprisingly it was not hard and we were reunited in no time. Alex was on a mission though. He had one treat in mind. Now Alex is my easy going really don't care too much about anything and thus never really wants anything. So when he really wants somethingI know it is important. What did he want? Well, he wanted an ice-cream cone from the parlor on Main Street.

Once he had his treat we were able to start our touring. I have some notes from this trip. I wrote that we needed to fix Zoe's pants. :confused: Maybe they were falling down? I wrote that we went to POT but the line was too long. I wrote that we went to BTMRR and the line was too long. I think Josh, Kira and Alex went off on their own. Or maybe it was just Kira and Josh. (I want to say they had fp+ reservations) Next I wrote that I ahd to find Alex. :confused: Not sure where he went. See... there are no pictures to go along with any of my notes. :rotfl: I did put that I got a citrus swirl and I did not like it. I have a hard time with the dole whips now since the pineapple juice has bromelain and tends to hurt my stomach so i thought I would try the orange version. That just tasted like baby aspirin. :crazy2: We must have all been reunited for my next set of notes. I put that we walked through the castle, through the new fantasyland, watched philharmagic and ended up playing pinball in the dump shop for space mountain. THAT I remember and we were all together at that point. We were trying to pass some time before our dinner ADR.

We had a reservation at BOG and were seated here.
IMG_1955_zpsb1147cd9.jpg

I love this chandelier.
IMG_1956_zps98dc1c06.jpg

Such spiffy napkins...
IMG_1957_zpsfd1c2bfb.jpg

The lighting in there was not working well with my camera so you will have to forgive the horrid pics.

I had the porkchop.
IMG_1961_zpscc056687.jpg

Zoe had a wee little steak.
IMG_1963_zpsd0929f40.jpg

Steve had the lamb...and I must have figured out how to take a better pic. (or maybe this is from his phone :rotfl:)
IMG_1965_zps19b576a1.jpg

I am going to assume that everyone else had steak.

Then came desserts

IMG_1968_zpsfe1f227e.jpg

IMG_1966_zps5ea6518e.jpg

Kira and Josh were on the dinning plan. We used the TIW card so I believe we shared the two desserts.

Now this was an interesting meal. Food wise it was great. Service though... it was weird. No ifs ands or buts about it..weird. How weird you ask? Well, if drinks were filled... they were filled for all but Kira and Josh (leaving them to have to specifically request). If glasses were taken away... Kira and Josh's were not.(I wish I had the picture she took of a table full of glasses. I want to say 8 in total?) When we asked for boxes... ::yes:: Kira and Josh were left out. It was as though our server really didn't notice that there was an extra 2 people at the table. This made my dd pretty angry. The only thing I can figure is that Steve ordered a beer and while the server was away and Steve had left the table, Josh took a sip and this set our server off.

We had hoped to finish dinner in time to see Wishes but were unsuccessful in that attempt. Kira did go outside to watch though since she could not miss it.

Once we did finish though we met the master. I have never been so uncomfortable around a character. He was HUGE. Maybe I felt even more intimidated by him because he had been running into things in the dinning room. (literally, like not seeing the dessert cart and nearly knocking it over) He is very large and I really wanted to get away. I braved it out for some pics though...

wd026wdw201401738139863_zps26651005.jpeg

Zoe was far braver than I.
wd028wdw201401738139873_zpsfd957ddf.jpeg

After dinner we found that the temperature outside had seriously dropped. It was C O L D! Those who were staying at OKW decided to call it a night. Kira had to go file a complaint card so she and Josh decided to stay.

Zoe and I caught the castle show on our way out.
IMG_1970_zpscd13c811.jpg

My feet were numb they were so cold so we were not able to stay for the entire thing.

Kira and Josh were able to enjoy some more of the park before calling it a night.
wd057wdw201401738241343_6924405543_18_zps1954fe53.jpeg

Once back in the room, a warm bath was in order as well as getting some laundry done. (gotta love DVC rooms for those jetted tubs and washer and dryers!) Then it was off to bed.

Next Up: Last Park Day; AK with a touch of Epcot

I gave up taking notes...it makes it worse in some regards. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Love the pictures at Be Our Guest (we haven't been since August 2013 so I am going back in May with Nicki and Todd). The Beast is big, but I've never seen him run into things. I've also never seen him sit in a chair during photos. :confused3

That is really weird the way your server kept ignoring Kira and Josh. Zoe looks adorable in her ears.

I hate when you get that huge temperature drop...it really throws you off.

I do love the washer/dryer in the DVC's. :)

Hi Ann! DIS has fallen to the wayside for me for the past few months but I'm back and still enjoying your TR!

Hope your various runDisney trips in the past few weeks have been good! ToT and Avengers, right?

Enjoy your holidays and let me know if you've started any other TRs that I can follow along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter