Running late

Rivergirl2005

DIS Veteran
I am one who is never late, however looking at plans I fear we maybe 5-15 mins late for an adr...will they still take us? How late can we be? I accidentally schedule a FP for the 4:30 frozen show and our adr at H&V at 4:55.

Thanks

This happened to us a few times last trip - delayed buses, etc. I called Disney dining to try to push back our reservations by like 15 minutes and they told me there is a 20 minute grace period for ADR’s and that I would be fine.

You have a 15 min grace period. Beyond that, they will normally accommodate you, but they don't have to.

This happened to us a few times last trip - delayed buses, etc. I called Disney dining to try to push back our reservations by like 15 minutes and they told me there is a 20 minute grace period for ADR’s and that I would be fine.
You have a 15 min grace period. Beyond that, they will normally accommodate you, but they don't have to.

Thank you! This makes me feel a little better...I may switch the fp times around to be on the safe side

They may still seat you or they may not. Its up to the CM at the time.
They also may charge you a $10 per person no show fee.
The reason for being late can definitely help or hurt too.
Something beyond your control like you were stuck on a broken ride is a pretty acceptable reason to be late and expect them to accommodate you. Where as poor planning your part knowing that a 32 minute show is going to overlap your ADR by 7 minutes plus the time it takes to get there is not as good of a reason.

There is no official grace period. It is up to the restaurant at the time on if they will seat you or not. What Disney dining tells you on the phone may not happen at the restaurant. Do not depend on a grace period.

If you are late you are taking a chance on not being seated and having to pay the per person no show fee. You see it is a problem now, so try and fix it. If you can't, then it is all in how comfortable you are taking a chance.

Here is the thing: You can ask us, and we all have had our own experiences. But what happened to us may not be what happens to you. You could be late and be fine. You could be late and be told you have a wait to be seated. You could be late and be told, nope, you missed your slot and be charged the fee to boot. None of us can tell you with 100% certainty what will happen. Because what happens is a mixed bag, and totally up to the whim of the CM at the restaurant at that exact moment in time.

There is no official grace period. It is up to the restaurant at the time on if they will seat you or not. What Disney dining tells you on the phone may not happen at the restaurant. Do not depend on a grace period.

If you are late you are taking a chance on not being seated and having to pay the per person no show fee. You see it is a problem now, so try and fix it. If you can't, then it is all in how comfortable you are taking a chance.

Not sure what you mean by official. They will not ever turn you away within 15 minutes of your res time at any wdw restaurant ever.

Not true. The only absolute during a trip to WDW is that there are no absolutes. Odds are you will be seated if you are late, but no one can guarantee it.

If they charged someone a no show for being 1 minute late, imagine the uproar. Have you seen that here? No. Why?...

♀️ I’ve totally been asked if my whole party was there! We were way passed our reservation time but they did seat us once they got out of the Kilimanjaro safaris. I didn’t realize how long that ride would take!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter